1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Businesses - no advertising in the Introductions forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by RichardB, Apr 20, 2011.

RichardB

RichardB Just Joined

Would all business members please make sure you do not post messages advertising your business/products in the Introductions forum UNLESS the original poster has directly asked a question of you/your product(s).

Alex dobson

Alex dobson Just Joined

Hi I'm 71and I've been cycling 50 years or more, but because I have COPD I'm now slowing down a bit and I cant travel as far as I did. So I'm looking for front wheel conversion for my Thorn XTC capable of covering around 50 miles and not too expensive.

D8ve

D8ve Pedelecer

Hi Alex
    Try starting a new thread.
    But 50 miles is a long way? Especially for a cheap kit.
    What's wrong with a crank drive?
    With a single big ring at the front?

Alex dobson

Alex dobson Just Joined

Hi when I said "nor too expensive" I meant around about £700ish, yes I would consider a crank drive. Can you or anyone else recommend a crank drive. I'm looking at Woosh 8-Fun BBS 01, would welcome any constructive advice on this or other crank drive.

5threeone

5threeone Just Joined

New to Electric Bicycles and the Forum, so by way of introduction .............. Two days of experience will not give me too much to report. However, I can pass this on....I have been a touring cyclist since 1952. Always had 531 hand made machines. The one I just sold was a Gilles Berthoud. Of late, the hills have become difficult. So, when I started looking at electric bicycles I wanted a folder (for occasional folding) and unquestionable component quality. Eventually, I settled on Qwic Smart e7. My findings are completely re-assuring. I have a robust machine. The instant assistance when I take up pedalling, the range of assistance and the 7 gear hub are a dream for someone who has been grovelling so much this past year.
    Yesterday afternoon I cruised around on the level, finished with a 1 km long moderate climb, spent most of the time on power 2 and in gear 4. Battery level has hardly dropped on the graph. Today I went out on errands in blazer and trousers with good shoes. So this Qwic is versatile. In a way, from being an express train for years, I have now become an 'urban stopper'. I have made changes to the machine that reflect my preferences.
    Will post details another time. Pleased with my Qwic would be an understatement.

eBike Sales

eBike Sales Just Joined

Hi, thought I would eventually sign up.