Buy 48v 17.5 ah battery in UK. Where?

robtom

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2018
Perth
Hi, I am bringing my ebike to the UK in June and need to buy a battery to fit. It needs a 48v 17.5ah which mounts on the frame.
My own battery is classed as dangerous goods so to send from Australia is mega $.
I will need to buy before I arrive and any help would be welcome. Only one I have seen so far is a Shark from Amazon. Has anyone got a favorite shop?
Cheers
Gordon

• Useful
Reactions: Paul chef

robtom

Feb 14, 2018
Perth
Eclipse Bikes. Have bought two batteries from them so far and on my short list if I need any more.

Out of stock of 48v 17.5Ah at mo, but looks like they may get more stock soon.

http://eclipsebikes.com/product_info.php?products_id=112
That is fantastic. The bike I am bringing has a 48v 1000w motor and is unrestricted. They put them together with a Befang motor in Fremantle WA. Had mine for a week now and love it. Had 55kmh top speed, Cheers, Gordon

robtom

Feb 14, 2018
Perth
D

Deleted member 4366

I have purchased two batteries from these and not had any problems:

https://pedalease.co.uk/index.php?rt=product/product&path=66&product_id=13172424
Are you sure? Peadease got terrible feedback on Ebay and there were also bad reports om this forum. I have them on my black list! From memory the problem is that they stone-wall you if you have any questions or issues after you purchase.

Having just looked again, I think that there's a Chinese bike company called Pedalease, and some company was set up in the UK to sell them direct and on Ebay. I see you can still buy them on Ebay, but from all sorts of different sellers, who may or may not be related to the Chinese company.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Are you sure? Peadease got terrible feedback on Ebay and there were also bad reports om this forum. I have them on my black list! From memory the problem is that they stone-wall you if you have any questions or issues after you purchase.
I can only speak as I have found, I have purchased off them three times in total (all this year) and they have delivered on time and responded to emails

D

Deleted member 4366

I can only speak as I have found, I have purchased off them three times in total (all this year) and they have delivered on time and responded to emails
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pedalease.co.uk

More than half the reviews are bad. Bear in mind that good reviews can be from stooges or otherwise false. I know many companies that get their friends and relatives to make false good reviews to balance out any spate of bad reviews on their products/services.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge

More than half the reviews are bad. Bear in mind that good reviews can be from stooges or otherwise false. I know many companies that get their friends and relatives to make false good reviews to balance out any spate of bad reviews on their products/services.
I recall the news item (Amazon I think but I would imagine others did it) about companies buying good feedback from people who constructed networks of “purchasers” for the sole purpose of providing good feedback; I could also believe that it can work the other way (but I am no conspiracy theorist!).

robtom

Feb 14, 2018
Perth
Thank you all for your help. One was out of stock as you know, pedease seems to have a ? about reliability (ordering from Aus I can't take chances) and the London one meant ordering a separate charger. $$
In the end I found one on Amazon. This should (I hope) be reliable.
Ordering the new bike next week to bring to the uk. The bike will be strictly off road. Well the front wheel will be off the road some times.
Thanks again and stay upright,
Cheers
Gordon

robtom

Feb 14, 2018
Perth
Thank you all for your help. One was out of stock as you know, pedease seems to have a ? about reliability (ordering from Aus I can't take chances) and the London one meant ordering a separate charger. $$
In the end I found one on Amazon. This should (I hope) be reliable.
Ordering the new bike next week to bring to the uk. The bike will be strictly off road. Well the front wheel will be off the road some times.
Thanks again and stay upright,
Cheers
Gordon
Amazon has said there will be a delay of at least 4 weeks so have cancelled. Eclipse bikes have said theirs will be back in stock Wednesday. Will try then.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield

Unfortunately this can also work the other way around with bad reviews from the shop/hotel next door or down the road.
I have been to some lovely places and had excellent service at shops with bad reports. I take them all with a pinch of salt.

D

Deleted member 4366

Unfortunately this can also work the other way around with bad reviews from the shop/hotel next door or down the road.
I have been to some lovely places and had excellent service at shops with bad reports. I take them all with a pinch of salt.
That's true, but we had a couple of bad reports by regular frum members too. I guess like everything, if you buy something from them and it works everybody is happy, but what sorts the good suppliers from the bad is when there's a problem with the goods. Did you have any problems?

robtom

Feb 14, 2018
Perth
Ordered the 48v 17.5 battery from Eclipsbikes as soon as they came back in stock. Four day delivery. Great service, good price with charger.
Went to Fremantle today and ordered the new mountain bike. 48v 1000w, no limit pedal assist.
Bringing it back to Wales in June. Can't wait.
Cheers
Gordon