Buying from em3ev?

krzychoniusz

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
London
FYI more correspondence from Jonathan on this subject:

The chances of paying import duties are low. We cannot guarantee that you won’t have to be taxes. However, so far no one using the direct shipping method has had to pay. It is very likely that it will be the cost of the parts plus the shipping and there won’t be any additional fees.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can cut and paste quotes all day long you will get caught for duty & handling fees whether you get caught for vat @20% no one knows. If your lucy no, if not yes.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
China, does this means duty & taxes
Did you ever make a purchase?/pay or not pay tax?/how much?/actual cost of purchase? and courier used? if not no worries.

I am looking at maybe sourcing a battery from china, I have looked all over and found some great prices and ways to avoid TAX etc using EU warehouse and such like, however if I can stick with my original battery form then I can continue to use my old batteries on a dual voltage controller....

TBF I got charged once with a controller from aliexpress, the actual cost was £30 the seller declared 20USD which at the time worked out at pence over the £15 allowance so I was charge £3.00VAT and £8.00 royal mail handling charge luckily it was a good product still going strong 6 months on.