Buying just the BBS HD controller

Tip1

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 29, 2015
Hiya,

I bought a BBS HD last year and didn't get around to fitting it.

I intend to fit it this year but the version I have is the version without the gear sensor cable / light output.

I have read that I can just replace the older controller with a newer one, does anyone know where in the UK I may be able to buy one from?

I have tried Eclipse and Dillinger.

Thanks

Ricky

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't buy it for the light connector, which is pretty useless for lights. The gear sensor can be fitted to one of the brake connectors, as you don't need two.

D

Deleted member 4366

Are the gear sensors worth it? I mean most importantly 'Do they work as they should'?
They're a lot better than not having one. yes, they are worth it, especially if it saves you the cost of a broken derailleur.

CrIMiN8l

Oct 23, 2016
London
Thanks d8veh. Will pick 1 up this evening..:)
Just wasent sure as when I had a rear wheel motor with no brake cut outs..! I bought an inline brake cut out switch (ebay:mad:) - it malfunctioned and only lasted a week just and totaly cut my motor.

Hobble

Dec 7, 2015
I have been riding my HD without a gear sensor for quite some time now. It's easy to get used to "clutch" it, i.e. lightly apply the left (=rear) brake lever while changing the gear without even thinking about it. I actually rode a non-assisted bike at the weekend and caught myself clutching that too so it's actually difficult to get rid of the reflex once you get used to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike