Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0670_02.JPG

Reactions: Sarabee

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
On a similar theme, my daughter took this shot in the garden this morning.

A male pheasant that seems to keep popping into to the garden, perched on one of the sculptures that I have created. :)

fantastic sculpture :) and what a nice guest you have there, he's playing with the faith :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Glad that you like it. :)

Here it is at the end of the construction stage. I was asked to be an artist in residence for a weekend a local garden centre, and needed to find something to make that would be quiet when compared with my other creations that require power tools and chainsaws. Drilling holes and carving teeth, fitted the brief nicely.

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Last week spring came!!

...but today, winter came again!! :) ehh, well. Too bad my fatbike is broken :( I actually got the last piece today, but broke another piece this weekend because of "bad planning", so now I can't fix it. Otherwise I could had used it from tomorrow!! But well. It can't always be good. So now I have written that, feel much better now :) thanks.

So... this morning we had a wonderful winter landscape from the living room:

Linnarhult Snow.jpg

And... I took out my push bike with spikes tyres for the first time in loong time (this winter has been very mild).

Yotta in Snow.jpg

And I also went downtown to try another type of bike:

Brompton Demo Bike.jpg

I intend to use it to open up new doors, so to say, you take it on the train, to Denmark, Norway or something. And then some small touring and it can also be good to have for many other things. I ordered a Brompton S6R with almost the same color scheme as the demo bike there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Working on some bike maintenance in the garage whilst it rained today and this appeared walking towards me.
Any ideas is it a FWS ?
What ever it is it lived another day as I put it in the garden.

DSCF0707.JPG

Reactions: Steve A and EddiePJ

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It's a spider.

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's a spider.
Thanks for clarifying :rolleyes:.
The markings on the abdomen look similar to that of a False Widow though library pics I've seen look a bit different.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Working on some bike maintenance in the garage whilst it rained today and this appeared walking towards me.
Any ideas is it a FWS ?
It's the Hacklemesh Weaver spider, Amaurobius ferox, sometimes called the Black Lace Weaver spider

Here's a link to a photo for comparison.

Advertisers