Can i use bafang LCD controller on another LED type bafang set?

dgncsk

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
Ankara Turkey
I have two bafang equipped bikes. All are 36 volts. All are 250w. One of them is with a big rectangular LCD with lots of functions on it. Other bike is again a bafang with same type connectors but it is with LED control panel without any functions. As you know LCD model can be adjusted according to the power needs, but LED type tries to maintain a speed. Can i interchange them? Will all functions of LCD, operate as usual on other bike? Thank you in advance.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No.

D

Deleted member 4366

No, with some exceptions. Some LED displays are digital and can be swapped to LCDs as long as they have the same data protocols (same make).

You can eliminate some possibilities straight away. If your LED display has 4 wires to it, it's analogue, so out. If it has 5 wires and a light switch on it, it's probably analogue. If it has 5 wires and just on/off, 3 or 5 levels and maybe a 4 mph button, it's probably digital.

LED displays normally have a number on them, like 690, 880 or similar. That tells tells you which type it is.

• Informative
Reactions: dgncsk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
your assist levels won't work. Speedometer won't work.
You can turn the bike on/off, that's about it.
LCD uses UART (digital protocol), LED panels analog. Never the twain shall mix.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

should i try? is it something related to controller? it has same green connector.
There's no standard for the wire sequence in the connectors. You must be sure that red goes to red, blue to blue and black to black. If any of those go to the wrong wire, you'll do some serious damage.

• Informative