Can you help please.

Brian G

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2017
Kent
Introducing the Smacircle S1, the world’s most compact and lightweight (only 15.4lbs) backpack e-scooter.
No need to get the subway or spend money on parking, the carbon fiber S1 is folded in five simple steps and is light enough to fit in a backpack. City travel can now be easy and fun.
Feature rich with iOS and Android apps it is ideal for the connected commuter.
More information: https://www.smacircle.com/

Wow. Not sure it's quite my style - But thank you.

Brian

D

Deleted member 4366

Introducing the Smacircle S1, the world’s most compact and lightweight (only 15.4lbs) backpack e-scooter.
No need to get the subway or spend money on parking, the carbon fiber S1 is folded in five simple steps and is light enough to fit in a backpack. City travel can now be easy and fun.
Feature rich with iOS and Android apps it is ideal for the connected commuter.
More information: https://www.smacircle.com/

Unfortunately, it's not legal in the UK because it has no pedals.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Brian G

Jul 5, 2017
Kent
I think I may have found another contender although I need to check the max rider weight and range first. - Dahon Ciao D7 Electric. I wonder if anybody has any thoughts / observations?

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help.

Just to clarify - At the moment I have a Byocycle City Speed 20" folder which I bought about 2 years ago from E Bikes Direct but have hardly used mainly because I now find it very difficult to get on and off (because these days I can't get my leg over - cue giggles ). I invariably ride in the 1st level of pedal assist and generally find that, from the moment I ride away and the assist kicks in, I am playing catch up with the gears until I reach 6th (the highest) and of course have to reverse the process when slowing. My impaired dexterity makes the action of pressing the button and moving the lever a little tricky so I would like a hub gear which - I think - will allow me to go from the gear I am in directly to the gear that I need. I hope that makes sense.

My wife has also just learned to ride - at the age of 60! - and finds gears a little daunting. I am therefore looking for 2 new bikes with the sort of spec I have described and hoping that I can find a dealer who may take my current bike for a few pennies in part exchange and maybe give a few pounds discount for a double sale.

At the moment I can still only find the Batribike Sigma that fits the bill but I just want to see if there are any alternatives before taking the plunge.

Thank you all once again for your help.

Brian
Hi Brian
Myself and My wife both have FreeGo folders (Step through) mine, because I'm fatter than I look! is a 36v 16ah Samsung cells battery pack, and My wife has the 36v 10.4ah, both interchangeable with each bike. These bikes are incredible, they tick every box on your wish list apart from the twist gears. But the Shimano SIS index- push button + and small lever - need next to no effort to shift, and I often go very quickly from 6 to 3 for instance effortlessly, you also get front suspension and disc brakes.

Hope this helps Brian, these bikes are incredible.

Sent from my VFD 700 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: Brian G

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Hi Brian
Myself and My wife both have FreeGo folders (Step through) mine, because I'm fatter than I look! is a 36v 16ah Samsung cells battery pack, and My wife has the 36v 10.4ah, both interchangeable with each bike. These bikes are incredible, they tick every box on your wish list apart from the twist gears. But the Shimano SIS index- push button + and small lever - need next to no effort to shift, and I often go very quickly from 6 to 3 for instance effortlessly, you also get front suspension and disc brakes. My wife has not ridden a bike for years, but for the last year I cannot keep her off her FreeGo folder.

Hope this help Brian, these bikes are incredible. Cheer mate.

Brian G

Jul 5, 2017
Kent
Hi Brian
Myself and My wife both have FreeGo folders (Step through) mine, because I'm fatter than I look! is a 36v 16ah Samsung cells battery pack, and My wife has the 36v 10.4ah, both interchangeable with each bike. These bikes are incredible, they tick every box on your wish list apart from the twist gears. But the Shimano SIS index- push button + and small lever - need next to no effort to shift, and I often go very quickly from 6 to 3 for instance effortlessly, you also get front suspension and disc brakes.

Hope this helps Brian, these bikes are incredible.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That is really interesting and another one for me to consider.

Brian