Careers vengeance hard work pedalling!

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I wonder if the returns will show up on ebay or they destroy them:rolleyes:
Halfords (some stores) are refunding or allowing swaps on Crossfire ebikes mainly for the known problem of the system disconnecting very regularly - I think every bike they have sold seems to do it but not everyone complains. I wonder whether they simply return all the replaced ones to China in a container and simply reduce the number they pay for on the next consignment. They may have enough buying power to do that.
Mike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Halfords (some stores) are refunding or allowing swaps on Crossfire ebikes mainly for the known problem of the system disconnecting very regularly - I think every bike they have sold seems to do it but not everyone complains. I wonder whether they simply return all the replaced ones to China in a container and simply reduce the number they pay for on the next consignment. They may have enough buying power to do that.
Mike
They have a room full of monkeys with polish and rags and they make them look like new and sell them to the next punter... :rolleyes:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
My guess is they are hidden in the corner of a returns warehouse and somebody is praying that some one higher up does not notice how bad the problem really is:oops::p.
As an aside has any one else seen how many appear for sale on ebay/gumtree as little used or even just ridden home .overall this is not a good advert for a large retail company without the reliability problems I wonder what a customer satisfaction survey shows

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mike
My guess is they are hidden in the corner of a returns warehouse and somebody is praying that some one higher up does not notice how bad the problem really is:oops::p.
As an aside has any one else seen how many appear for sale on ebay/gumtree as little used or even just ridden home .overall this is not a good advert for a large retail company without the reliability problems I wonder what a customer satisfaction survey shows
Halfords must be quite used to these e-bike problems since they've had plenty. Instead of doing the sensible thing and seeking advice from those who knew the business they did their own thing, getting it repeatedly wrong.

Their first effort was a disaster, a Carrera branded bike with the long discredited SRAM rear hub motor with twin noisy motors inside and a very non standard 18.5 volt battery. They hoped the £750 price would be enough to tempt buyers. They then went on to try other makes, never really settling with one, which utterly confused their staff who had no e-bike knowledge anyway. Now they've capped it with the Suntour systems bike which suffers at least three common faults which they seem unable to solve.

I don't think customer satisfaction matters to this kind of company. So long as most of the 65 millions population each buy at least once from them, often bikes for their kids, they've got a bike business.. The car side is always a good earner anyway.

Among those few who suss what their true nature is, they are often called Halfrauds, which says it all.

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Designed down to a price
start with the suggested retail price then the sale price 10/20% off
reduce the unit production cost to the minimum but use some named brands