Carrera Crossfire-E Video Review

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Lovely bike for the money. £999 at Halfords but you can get 10% off with British Cycling membership.

I'll do a detailed review later but for the time being here are some pics and a video review.

Just knocked this up this morning without too much effort. This is my first every video bike review. Not too shabby for my first go if I do say so myself. I'm sure I could make it better if I spent a bit more time on it. I quite enjoyed making it. Bike has a lovely ride and I can recommend it.

Edit - Also threw some spare footage in to Magisto to make this

IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0883.JPG IMG_0885.JPG IMG_0890.JPG IMG_0892.JPG

Last edited:

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the feedback Tommie. Yes it's limited in speed so it's road legal.

I'll maybe do another video and put in the tech specs.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Thanks for taking the trouble to post your very good review Leccy.
Quite a good looking bike.
Nice to see close up views, especially the thumb switch which looks very neat.

Look forward to the follow up once you get a few miles under your belt.

Reactions: Leccy

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Good review, I'm sure it will be helpful to lots of people.

I couldn't help noticing the front wheel is off centre in the forks. You might want to check it seated in the dropouts correctly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the heads up Alan. I had taken the front wheel off yesterday to transport it.

Can't have put it back on properly. I'll sort this out before I take it out next.

Reactions: Alan Quay

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Big coincidence but the bike has now sold out at Halfords online.

Am I being too presumptuous to think I had anything to do with that? Lol.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Big coincidence but the bike has now sold out at Halfords online.

Am I being too presumptuous to think I had anything to do with that? Lol.
Email Halfords for your commission.;)

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Nice review. I like the Crossfire E, its a great looking bike. I reckon Halfords are going to be a big player in the Ebike market.
A few things that would interest me... and maybe others... are..
Do you know the weight of the bike ?
Do you have an idea of its range yet, with that 11.6 amp/hr batt ?
What size is the chainring ?
And can you override the 15.5 mph max speed cut off in the LCD display and set your own max speed ?

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks. Working away at the moment but will post replies when I get back.

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
Halfords currently have a flash sale for the next couple of hours, 10% off everything on-line.

dazbobaby

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 21, 2016
halifax
Hey Leccy, I assume you are Saima B on youtube? I've added your comment to my ride out video, YT marked it as spam hence the delay.

I love this bike, it's awesome.

I know the EU rules limit to 15.5mph and 250w but that creates a level playing field where the actual bike and build quality begin to matter, and I think this is really up there with some of the best around :)

Just my 2 pence worth :)

I've also got a video review (nearly an hour long) with a long ride and some big hills.

Reactions: LeighPing and Leccy

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
That's me. Saima B on YouTube. Will take a look at your video.

I agree It's a great bike. I was going to do another follow up video this weekend just gone but didn't get a chance as I went to Harewood Soapbox in the end.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Loving the bike. The video has more than 500 views now. Way more than I ever expected.

Took the bike for a combination of on road/off road earlier this week and it handled it brilliantly. Also went up a huge hill locally and it breezed up it no problems at all. Really fantastic ride.

Attachments

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Really chuffed.

Video has over a thousand views now and I've had feedback that someone has bought a bike thanks to my review.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you put adds on the vid you could of made 3p buy now.:D

mcozzy

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2016
Well I bought based on your reviews. Not from halfords though, as they are let me down badly, I got a new one from ebay.
They are still a few available via halfords though, despite not showing on the website & can be ordered in store.
Now if I could only find out how to get into the service menu to change the wheelsize, so the assistance doesnt cut out over 15mph...
I have found some docs that mention 1st setup & inputing wheelsize, but no clue how to get to this.

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
I ordered a Carrera Crossfire-E electric bike a few days ago online. My local Halfords are apparently essembling it for me today so I should get it this afternoon. Watching both Dazbobaby and Leccy's videos persuaded me to go ahead with the purchase.

The only thing I am worried about is that Dazbobaby mentioned on another forum that he has had problems with the LCD panel with the on/off function button falling off.

I will report back with my impressions of the bike once I get it.

doclatham

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 18, 2013
Well I bought based on your reviews. Not from halfords though, as they are let me down badly, I got a new one from ebay.
They are still a few available via halfords though, despite not showing on the website & can be ordered in store.
Now if I could only find out how to get into the service menu to change the wheelsize, so the assistance doesnt cut out over 15mph...
I have found some docs that mention 1st setup & inputing wheelsize, but no clue how to get to this.
Hi

Did you ever make any progress on changing the wheelsize? I have managed to find a combination of keys that bring up the wheelsize (it says "28 CABE") but no ability to then alter it.

I am going to have another play though