Carrera crosscity and coyote connect

Skawalman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2017
London
what did you decide to get ?
I ended up getting a Panda XL.

Best thing I've bought.

48v 250w motor - went about 40 miles on one charge with a mix of pedal assist and throttle, front suspension and goes up to 25mph.

One issue though is that on pedal assist it goes faster than you can pedal so some adjusting on how you ride is needed, apart from that, its a brilliant bit of engineering

Attachments

Reactions: JimRides

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
i met someone in local Halfords last week he and his wife own the connect
he was about 15stone and said it was poor on hills and he could not notice any difference switching from med to high pas, although his wife could,
he had the option of swoping the connect for the crossfire folder for about £120.
we looked at the specs connect was 24v crossfire folder 36v and 32 nm
so I think he might have gone for crossfire.
(definitely can tell the difference on my kudos mtb re med and high pas setting)

canny_nic

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2016
North tyneside
I was looking at these bikes but there is little to no information on the battery. If a new one was required. Other than asking Jimmy to upgrade it. And this is a current best seller so where do peeps get their batteries from.

I'm still to send my battery off to jimmy for my upgrade as you can't get em for my bike any longer. I think it will be a Xmas present to myself.
N when that's kaput I'm off to get a lightweight folder.

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
I ended up getting a Panda XL.

Best thing I've bought.

48v 250w motor - went about 40 miles on one charge with a mix of pedal assist and throttle, front suspension and goes up to 25mph.

One issue though is that on pedal assist it goes faster than you can pedal so some adjusting on how you ride is needed, apart from that, its a brilliant bit of engineering
I suspect that the Panda XL can go up nearly any hill but I suppose you can't fully test its hill climbing ability in London. I think there is a 15% just outside the M25 though. 40 miles is impressive for a small battery.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
i met someone in local Halfords last week he and his wife own the connect
he was about 15stone and said it was poor on hills and he could not notice any difference switching from med to high pas, although his wife could,
he had the option of swoping the connect for the crossfire folder for about £120.
we looked at the specs connect was 24v crossfire folder 36v and 32 nm
so I think he might have gone for crossfire.
(definitely can tell the difference on my kudos mtb re med and high pas setting)
I can confirm that - there is very little difference between medium and high, especially on the flat. More noticable difference on hills.