carrera crossfire no assist

D

Deleted member 4366

It sounds like there's a separate torque sensor then. That could be the source of the problem. I wonder where it is and what type? There must be more under that cover.

steven mooney

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 13, 2016
hull
="d8veh, post: 347956, member: 4366"]It sounds like there's a separate torque sensor then. That could be the source of the problem. I wonder where it is and what type? There must be more under that cover.[/QUOTE]
hi d8veh cleaned it all up fitted everything together and still the same thinking back the bike kept cutting out a lot taking the battery at least 4 times on a 3 mile journey and putting back in started then 100 yds faded again .

steven mooney

Nov 13, 2016
hull
="d8veh, post: 347956, member: 4366"]It sounds like there's a separate torque sensor then. That could be the source of the problem. I wonder where it is and what type? There must be more under that cover.
hi d8veh cleaned it all up fitted everything together and still the same thinking back the bike kept cutting out a lot taking the battery at least 4 times on a 3 mile journey and putting back in started then 100 yds faded again .[/QUOTE]
tell you the truth it gets you down after a while and wondering where to go from here.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
hi d8veh cleaned it all up fitted everything together and still the same thinking back the bike kept cutting out a lot taking the battery at least 4 times on a 3 mile journey and putting back in started then 100 yds faded again .
tell you the truth it gets you down after a while and wondering where to go from here.[/QUOTE]

Many Chinese ebikes around £1,000 suffer from niggly electrical faults.

In terms of what you do next, the first thing you need to do is accept the above, so there's no point in buying another £1,000 ebike because your experience will likely repeat itself.

If you can spend closer to £2,000, you could get something that has a very good chance of being reliable.

steven mooney

Nov 13, 2016
hull
tell you the truth it gets you down after a while and wondering where to go from here.

In terms of what you do next, the first thing you need to do is accept the above, so there's no point in buying another £1,000 ebike because your experience will likely repeat itself.

If you can spend closer to £2,000, you could get something that has a very good chance of being reliable.[/QUOTE]
And if you buy from a supplier in this country who stock spare parts and can help as well that helps as well.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...thinking back the bike kept cutting out a lot taking the battery at least 4 times on a 3 mile journey and putting back in started then 100 yds faded again .
That's a totally different problem with this specific e-bike, mentioned on a few threads here, but well documented on Halfords own site. It seems the battery jiggles around a little in its' bracket breaking connections - using a strap or Velcro pads to hold it firmly appears to stop that.
...tell you the truth it gets you down after a while and wondering where to go from here.
Back to Halfords? As one of Halfords most popular models, they must know this particular e-bike and its common problems inside out.

D

Deleted member 4366

tell you the truth it gets you down after a while and wondering where to go from here.[/QUOTE]
That's different then. You should have mentioned that before. You need to solve this step by step starting with the battery. You need a voltmeter. if you haven't got one, you need to get one. You can't do anything without one.

Charge up the battery, take it off the bike and measure the voltage on the terminals. Can you show some photos of the terminals and the charge socket?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you can spend closer to £2,000, you could get something that has a very good chance of being reliable.
Or you could spend £500 on a Chinese bike and get one that's totally reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: D8ve and cyclebuddy

steven mooney

Nov 13, 2016
hull
That's different then. You should have mentioned that before. You need to solve this step by step starting with the battery. You need a voltmeter. if you haven't got one, you need to get one. You can't do anything without one.

Charge up the battery, take it off the bike and measure the voltage on the terminals. Can you show some photos of the terminals and the charge socket?[/QUOTE]
hi d8veh i have took into halfords and booked it in for repair even though its under warranty it has to be the orignal owner,lesson to be learned.Thanks for your help on the matter, halfords had a quick look at it said it seem it could be the sensor and will get back to me once they checked with suntour cheers everyone i will report back on this thread when things are sorted hopefully HAPPY NEW YEAR.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Or you could spend £500 on a Chinese bike and get one that's totally reliable.[/QUOTE]

You could spend £2 on a Lotto ticket and win millions.

In terms of probability, there's probably not much in it.

Edit: Speaking of niggly faults, the software seems to be producing random quoted posts in this thread.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: Croxden and jdallan

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Your earlier photos did show some rust and corrosion, which did seem a bit unusual given the bike was only 6 months old. Glad to hear you bike is now fixed.

steven mooney

Nov 13, 2016
hull
Your earlier photos did show some rust and corrosion, which did seem a bit unusual given the bike was only 6 months old. Glad to hear you bike is now fixed.
Cheers only charged me £61.00 pounds and new chain fitted quite pleased,they did actually broke the sensor plate taking off,all new now thanks