Chainsaw oil.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
No reason why not. No rust on any of my chainsaws.

I use 3 in 1 normally on my bike but now I might go there, its a lot thicker and I have stacks of it.

Good idea.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Altop1

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Lincolnshire
I do somrtimes have to use chainsaws pics like above should help the rest of us stop being complacent about using possible dangerous eqipment .I hope your mate is ok.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I do sometimes have to use chainsaws, pics like above should help the rest of us stop being complacent about using possible dangerous equipment. I hope your mate is ok.
It happened a couple of years back now. He gets pins and needles a lot due to lost blood circulation. Healing is a slow process.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I was right. I had you down as a chainsaw juggler!
You can learn so much if you have an open mind, I thought it was an euphemism for an act carried out in the bedroom, but it is a very dangerous route to fame !

I think Ian Steward would struggle with a 24" Husky, I know my lower back does.

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I really DISLIKE that picture. But I can't press the dislike button.

DISLIKE. DISLIKE. DISLIKE.
Agreed. It's not a nice pic at all. I knew about his accident, but never realised that he had pics of it. The surgeon took them pre-op.

He showed them to me after I'd shown him pics of my own hand injury. Courtesy of a tiny little staffy bitch randomly attacking and trying to bite my dog's neck. I restrained his self defence and, whilst trying to get the owner to grab her psycho dog, it inadvertently sunk it's teeth through my hand. Staffies hurt more than most other dogs and it took a good 5 months to get back to normal! :oops:

It's since happened again. With the same clueless owner letting her mad dog run free. Which then just piled into mine for no apparent reason. Only I didn't get in the way that time. I doubt that she'll be coming back at him for round three.

DSC09892.JPG DSC09903.JPG

I waited 4 hours in a virtually empty A&E dept, before I got up and walked out. They didn't so much as offer me a pain-killer. When I saw an NHS woman with a clip board, checking the vending machines for dust, I decided to DIY my own stitches!

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Had to dislike #4 as I'm not into graphic injury pics.

• Informative

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
in my experience any oil is better than no oil

Chainsaw oil get mixed reviews due to its claggyness for the bike chain
I have been using ep90 gearbox oil because I have 25 litres of the stuff
hard to wash off but smells for those following me .

what does get very good rep is Putoline chain wax
where you heat it up and soak the chain in it lasts very well and does not collect grime so I am told .

I have used olive oil when no other lube has been available with good results .

• Useful

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I have a load of this from my lad's construction business. He doesn't know that I pinch it regularly. It keeps the rust off and things seem to be running smoothly enough. Although, never having cleaned my bike, it does make your chain thick with black stuff. :p

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

Related Articles

Advertisers