Cheap electric folder. Help me choose x

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
I rate the Kudos Secret pretty highly (unsurprising as I have one!)
Rides really well, far more like a full size. Quite well put together, and a good range (25m plus on a charge).

Kate197

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 8, 2018
Cardiff
I've been looking at the coyote connect again at Halfords and was wondering are they built by Avocet/Viking?? It looks exactly the same as one of their models.

Many thanks

Kate

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some bikes look similar as they use the same generic China off the shelf frames/styling.

Kate197

Mar 8, 2018
Cardiff
That makes sense. Viking do a coyote connect that looks exactly the same and has the same spec as Halfords. It's cheaper online but I guess it would be worth buying it from Halfords for the after care.

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
2.1 miles is a 30 minute walk of you time with no screens or distractions and will give you another 500 calories a day to play with. I'd be over the moon with that for a commute.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Fair enough. Personally I would be too uninclined to get a bicycle out for that time saving let alone unfold it, but on kit and lights and hi viz and reverse that at the other end.

Kate197

Mar 8, 2018
Cardiff
And I am now rather uninclined to hang around.

Big thanks to the rest of you. Your advise was very much appreciated.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
My brother is 5’1” and lives in a first floor flat to which he has to carry up a bike. He bought a Byocycles and was very happy with it. I had a go on it. I thought it was going to be hard going as i’m used to my Big Bear. It was fantastic. Lovely to ride and it flew up hills. My brother has now had to give up cycling due to health problems and the bike is now mine. I love riding it as i do my Big Bear. My personal opinion on drives is, always go for a rear wheel drive.

• Agree
Reactions: Kate197 and flecc