Cheap Haibike

Graeme Crawford

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2018
Glasgow UK
I just bought this a week ago. My first foray into the e-bike world. I use it for the 6 mile cycle to work. So far I'm really enjoying it, but having not cycled for a couple of years it's taking time to build up the strength in my legs, therefore cycling over the assist level (26 kmh ) is quite difficult and I struggle even on flat road/cycle track to keep it at 30kmh. I think this has a lot to do with how heavy the bike is, it actually shocked me how heavy it is the first time I tried to lift it up a set of stairs.

Having said that, I'm loving the bike so far. It seems really well built and is a joy riding up steep hills, and the assist is excellent on flat straights too if you are okay plodding along at 15mph. I take it with me too when taking the dog out to a local park with a small mountain bike trail after work and I'm quite lucky to live 5 minutes drive from the mountain bike trail used at the 2016 Commonwealth games in Glasgow, so when I have a bit more confidence I am definitely going to test it out up there!

I bought mine from Cycle Republic in Glasgow city centre. The guys were really nice and very helpful. Would be happy to try and answer any questions about the bike if anyone is thinking about buying one.