Cheaper bike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
dave. I did not say that BPM and Panasonic hub motors are illegal. I said 'if ... Then you see that the TCM and SWX may be legal and the BPM and P hub not.'
you'll look like a loser if you misquote posts trying to win an argument.[/quot

Trex,
I have been called a lot of things in life,not all of them complimentary,but never a loser. I see you have wriggled your posting,very sensible,some people think the internet is a medium that they can get away with any statement,truthful or otherwise,litigious or otherwise. It is sensible to consider it like any other print medium that you have to be careful about what you state,the legal departments of big companies are like sleeping dogs,best not awaken.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
dave, I cannot spin like you for sure but if one of us write defamatory statements, I leave the matter to members concerned. I bear you no animosity. I picked e-bike as a hobby to keep myself busy 3 years ago. Maybe I invest, maybe not.
The thing about crank drive vs hub drive is a long thread, same with CVT vs derailleur - we can keep debating all night.

Reactions: Cyclezee

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Trex,
I have been called a lot of things in life,not all of them complimentary,but never a loser.
I see you have wriggled your posting,very sensible,some people think the internet is a medium that they can get away with any statement,truthful or otherwise,litigious or otherwise.
It is sensible to consider it like any other print medium,that you have to be careful about what you state,the legal departments of big companies are like sleeping dogs,best not awaken.
KudosDave

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Will you be offering a personal written guarantee here that all your products are legal for use within the UK under current legislation?

Reactions: trex
D

Deleted member 4366

Virtually no electric bikes are legal in the UK including yours, so how can he do that? You should know that by now.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Virtually no electric bikes are legal in the UK including yours, so how can he do that? You should know that by now.
Indeed, and haven't been for more than a decade. I don't know of anything else on the road that breaches laws in so many ways.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc, - - - - - - - -
How are you?
You do less postings these days?
Regards
Dave
Yes, a variety of reasons Dave. Partly due to busy at times on another interest, the Avatar might give a clue. Partly due to having an operation with a forewarned extremely painful and longish recovery period. Partly due to a conscious decision some while ago to phase down from my previous average of over 10 forum posts a day for several years. Call me a semi-retired contributor now, it's more a filler than a major activity now.

I've also been busy changing my two computers, going superfast to match my up to 85 mb/s fibre optic broadband, things like Intel I7 3.6 gHz quad core processors and all SSD drives making for lightning operations and 12 second boot time. Taken up the new .uk domain too, getting rid of the silly .co bit, must have one of the shortest and most pertinent email addresses now with tony@flecc.uk

Another reason I hang on in here is that there's only two of us maintaining the pedelecs members map and it would be a bit much to leave it all to CycleZee alone.

regards,
Tony

Reactions: Kudoscycles

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Yes, a variety of reasons Dave. Partly due to busy at times on another interest, the Avatar might give a clue. Partly due to having an operation with a forewarned extremely painful and longish recovery period. Partly due to a conscious decision some while ago to phase down from my previous average of over 10 forum posts a day for several years. Call me a semi-retired contributor now, it's more a filler than a major activity now.

I've also been busy changing my two computers, going superfast to match my up to 85 mb/s fibre optic broadband, things like Intel I7 3.6 gHz quad core processors and all SSD drives making for lightning operations and 12 second boot time. Taken up the new .uk domain too, getting rid of the silly .co bit, must have one of the shortest and most pertinent email addresses now with tony@flecc.uk

Another reason I hang on in here is that there's only two of us maintaining the pedelecs members map and it would be a bit much to leave it all to John (CycleZee) alone.

regards,
Tony
Have to ask is your hobby keeping them or photography,same thing here my Avatar will give you a clue to my main hobby

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Have to ask is your hobby keeping them or photography,same thing here my Avatar will give you a clue to my main hobby
Just a lifelong interest in the natural world, coupled with photography Mike. From a very early age I was fascinated in what my family termed bugs, primarily insects and the other small creatures that are so widely ignored.

They are so full of interest. Take this spider in my avatar, Pisaura mirabilis, it's a young wolf spider. At this age they can't run as fast as the fully mature long legged adult to capture their prey, so they use subterfuge instead. One trick is to crumple up in a mixed light location and pretend to be a dead spider, then with lightning speed grab anything that gets nearby. Here's one doing that.

And we don't need to go to east Africa to see hunts and kills when they are going on all around us, like the tiny three millimetre long common black ants shown here killing a caterpillar before cutting it up to be taken as food stock.

I've got a wildlife website on this link showing samples of my photos.

Apologies to members for going off subject.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Just a lifelong interest in the natural world, coupled with photography Mike. From a very early age I was fascinated in what my family termed bugs, primarily insects and the other small creatures that are so widely ignored.

They are so full of interest. Take this spider in my avatar, Pisaura mirabilis, it's a young wolf spider. At this age they can't run as fast as the fully mature long legged adult to capture their prey, so they use subterfuge instead. One trick is to crumple up in a mixed light location and pretend to be a dead spider, then with lightning speed grab anything that gets nearby. Here's one doing that.

And we don't need to go to east Africa to see hunts and kills when they are going on all around us, like the tiny three millimetre long common black ants shown here killing a caterpillar before cutting it up to be taken as food stock.

I've got a wildlife website on this link showing samples of my photos.

Apologies to members for going off subject.
Will look through that thanks,up until about 12 years ago i did nothing but wildlife photography,just last year i started pulling the gear together for starting again now ime retired.A link to my flickr dont put much on it just use it to exchange results with a couple of mates.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/page1/

As you said back on topic now with apologies to other members

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the link Mike, great photos. As you'll see from my site, I deliberately mainly use low cost, often pocketable common consumer cameras to try to encourage others to go beyond routine family photos and see what such cameras are capable of with a little effort.