Come on spring

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It is a bit chilly but definitely riding in shorts from now on! :) Three rides in three days this week, all under brilliant sunshine:

- Wednesday wind gusting to over 80 km/h had to use first gear in a couple of places :eek:
- Thursday less wind, very warm, just the one t-shirt under windbreaker
- Friday had to change twice to get the right mix of clothes, temperature down but shorts on!

I also had to stop to tweak the indexing of the rear derailleur which started letting gears jump on Thursday. The Alivio is worse than the Altus on the upright so far, back to thinking about upgrading to 10 speed, or Rohloff...

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
I'm just gagging to get out regularly on my e bike, have done a couple of quick 10 milers on nice but cold days.
Just waiting for spring to kick in to let loose!
Same here, but coupling the cold weather with emphysema is not good, so the Giant Defy on a turbo trainer is getting some regular use.
However the brand new Oxygen MTB is glistening with all the (un)necessary cleaning!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm just gagging to get out regularly on my e bike, have done a couple of quick 10 milers on nice but cold days.
Just waiting for spring to kick in to let loose!
Here on the South London/Surrey border we've just had a short but intense fall of snow covering again this morning, fortunately not sticking on the roads.

So no sign of Spring yet.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
What? No trees in bloom? No leaves budding giving the countryside that bright green hue? :p Lots more swallows around, just waiting on the house martins for it to be official! :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Glorious spring day yesterday with quite nice warm sun on the back even had to wear my shades whilst driving for work yesterday as the sun was so bright, another 3 or 4 degrees warmer and I would have had a quick inspection of my bees had I not been rostered to work.

Bllossom and Blackthorn is out.

Today all change snow is falling but only settling on the verges more expected over night but will all be gone by end of Mon or Tues as temps are will be back to double figures.
Riding wise 72 miles to the coast and back this week and this morning a ride in to town for some groceries and then cycle to work this afternoon.

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
It is a bit chilly but definitely riding in shorts from now on! :) Three rides in three days this week, all under brilliant sunshine:

- Wednesday wind gusting to over 80 km/h had to use first gear in a couple of places :eek:
- Thursday less wind, very warm, just the one t-shirt under windbreaker
- Friday had to change twice to get the right mix of clothes, temperature down but shorts on!

I also had to stop to tweak the indexing of the rear derailleur which started letting gears jump on Thursday. The Alivio is worse than the Altus on the upright so far, back to thinking about upgrading to 10 speed, or Rohloff...
Possibly your chain is over the 0.75% stretch mark? I had similar problems sorted by a new chain. Just a thought.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The chain suffers because the trike is folded after each and every ride...

I can park it safely but the components suffer, always a compromise...