Comfortable Grips

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
32 miles done on my CubeReaction Hybrid Race 500 and the only real niggle so far is I think the grips are not very forgiving :(

Could someone point me towards an alternative replacement please and how do you get the original buggers off? o_O

Thanks in advance :cool:

D

Deleted member 22539

Yes, a light ‘normal’ pair but been upgraded (by my son today) to a padded, fingerless pair from Halfords, so will see on my next ride out..... :cool:
That was my next suggestion
Padded gloves

You may also find adjusting the bars by rotating them will get the grip more spread across your palm in your riding position worth looking at too
Obviously if you twist them you will have to reposition your brake levers etc
Also riser bars will also relieve weight off your palms by lifting your body slightly more upright

Just a few suggestions that can help

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Parky

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Similar idea to @Ballynoes , I sometimes squirt a bit of wd40 under them by sticking the thin red straw in there.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ergon GP2 grips are the most comfortable I've had. These come with a stubby bar end which allows you to change grip on long rides. I know - not cool.
To get old push-on grips off I dip a long thin screwdriver blade in washing up liquid and push it between the grip and handlebar then wiggle it around. Not yet had to resort to the Stanley knife.

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
12 mile ride last night and the lightly padded, fingerless gloves from Halfords definitely made a difference but will still change the grips in due course o_O

As always - thanks for hints, tips and advice contributed thus far :cool:

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Just ordered the ergon GP3 grips from tredz hopefully they will help with comfort and numbness / pins and needles that I suffer from . I have tried putting a short handlebar stem on which helps my back as I’m sat more upright . Fingers crossed the grips will help as well

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My bike suits me fine. The set up allows me to take the weight off my hands just by applying my core muscles slightly and still kerp pedaling. I think a lot suffer because of a bad set up and too much weight on the wrists.

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Just ordered the ergon GP3 grips from tredz hopefully they will help with comfort and numbness / pins and needles that I suffer from . I have tried putting a short handlebar stem on which helps my back as I’m sat more upright . Fingers crossed the grips will help as well
Keep us posted Bob - let us know how you get on :)

Related Articles

Advertisers