Commuter bike Wisper 905 Torque or Oxygen MTB.....probably

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
If you're going on trails you may not want a rack mounted battery...and once you've got the bug you may start wanting to go on rougher trails. The Oxygen has a full throttle unlike the Wisper. You can get rack and mudguards for the Oxygen later. By the way, why are you taking a circuitous route? Is it because you want to use cycleways as much as possible?

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
If you're going on trails you may not want a rack mounted battery...and once you've got the bug you may start wanting to go on rougher trails. The Oxygen has a full throttle unlike the Wisper. You can get rack and mudguards for the Oxygen later. By the way, why are you taking a circuitous route? Is it because you want to use cycleways as much as possible?
You may be right but I think the commute will be enough for me for a while.
The route is quite a long way round but it's about 90% cyclepaths or dirt trails and it's just so enjoyable being out in the countryside. That's the main reason for getting a pedelec so that I can be out there more often.
I have been offered a good price on a cube allroad CX motor 500w so will try that out this weekend too.

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
The route is quite a long way round but it's about 90% cyclepaths or dirt trails and it's just so enjoyable being out in the countryside. That's the main reason for getting a pedelec so that I can be out there more often.
I totally understand. Same for me really. And you inhale less pollution going off road.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The Wisper has a throttle which can be opened to full if a rider wants. It does make the bike illegal though.

All the best, David