Commuter bike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's both. A bit like the bafang BBS.
i can hit 15mph with a little effort on assist level 1.
That's why I can't see the point of haing 18 selections while 3-9 would do.
It is like having 27-speed on your e-bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

it's both. A bit like the bafang BBS.
i can hit 15mph with a little effort on assist level 1.
That's why I can't see the point of haing 18 selections while 3-9 would do.
It is like having 27-speed on your e-bike.
Are you talking about the Oxygen system? If so you should have a go on one before commenting on it from some theoretical point of view without understanding how it works. There's two separate controls. one is for power and the other is for speed and an associated power profile. You wouldn't normally adjust the power on an ad hoc basis, but it gives you a chance to adjust the overall power to match your needs. A light rider or a medium rider with fairly flat rides might choose power level 1, then use the six speed/power controls to adjust the power and speed as the ride demands. A heavy rider or someone with a lot of difficult hills would most likely choose power level 3.

Having extra options is always useful when you want to use them. There's nothing to compel anybody to use them, but in this case, there's no penalty for having them. it's purely optional what power or speed you want to use, when you want, how you want. Why would anyone not want the choice?

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Hi Ben,
Hatti does not want to work with cyclescheme.co.uk
I've tried many times to ask her to sign up with them but she won't change her mind.
I am sorry.
So six months has passed - is there any change regarding Woosh dealing with cyclescheme?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So six months has passed - is there any change regarding Woosh dealing with cyclescheme?
Hatti still does not like their terms, so still no further progress.
Basically, the terms do not allow including cyclescheme's commission in the total cost of the bike.

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Basically, the terms do not allow including cyclescheme's commission in the total cost of the bike.
How about if I were to request a certificate value 10% higher in value, to cover the cyclescheme admin fee? I did this successfully last year with a different ebike kit supplier

Alternatively, I'd be happy to make a separate cash payment to cover the cyclescheme 10% fee

Last edited:

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk

Alternatively, I'd be happy to make a separate cash payment to cover the cyclescheme 10% fee

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
I'm not surprised Hatti doesn't like their terms. cyclescheme.co.uk now charge 15% commission!

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Are you talking about the Oxygen system? If so you should have a go on one before commenting on it from some theoretical point of view without understanding how it works. There's two separate controls. one is for power and the other is for speed and an associated power profile. You wouldn't normally adjust the power on an ad hoc basis, but it gives you a chance to adjust the overall power to match your needs. A light rider or a medium rider with fairly flat rides might choose power level 1, then use the six speed/power controls to adjust the power and speed as the ride demands. A heavy rider or someone with a lot of difficult hills would most likely choose power level 3.
Just seen this and thought I'd add my ha'p'orth: I find the Oxygen system useful. Most of the time I'm in Eco mode, usually on power level 5 or 6 and that suits me fine. If I'm on bridleways or towpaths, I'll rein things in to level 3 or 4. However, if I've been out of the saddle a while - as I have been recently - I might move to Normal mode. That gives me a boost and makes life easier & that's what ebikes are all about, isn't it? Once in a while, if I have battery life left on the way home, I'll crank it up to Power mode and blast along the local country roads. So, it's good to know I have the option to adjust the mode, should it be needed. Changing mode can be done whilst riding - if you're familiar with the controls, but adjusting the power level within modes is a piece of cake and easily done even with winter gloves on.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I'm just lazy and leave mine on high power mode, and max assist....ive done 24 miles comfortably on that setting

D

Deleted member 4366

The point is that you have a choice, and you can make it fit closer to your needs than most others.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
But surely if the punter pays the commission then Hatti wouldn't have an issue with cyclescheme.co.uk?
If every 'punter' said yes, then I'm sure it could make it financially advantageous. But without everyone signing up to it, I doubt it's a model that could move forward. Certainly not for the one, in any case.

Gaz

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But surely if the punter pays the commission then Hatti wouldn't have an issue with cyclescheme.co.uk?
the cyclescheme's terms expressly forbid the customer to pay the charges.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bikester.co.uk are worth a look, very good and prices are often very competitive with good delivery times.
Recently got a genuine Alfine tensioner from them and they were £££'s cheaper then any one else.