Controller Needed urgently

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
I am needing a replacement controller for my bike that has a 36V 250W brushless hub motor.

The controller needed is a Kunteng brand, and if possible KT36ZWS HDSLCD.

And no, I don't want to wait a month for it to arrive from China, there must be somewhere in the UK that sells them ( excluding Electric Bike Conversions Ltd who are out of business )

Tried Ebay and Amazon already.

I have tried Brainpower Controllers and they don't work with my hub motor. ( Raleigh Velo Cite )

Any suggestions?

IMG_1279 2.jpeg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Still same problem for Andrew it is still coming from Far East so at least 2 - 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Thank you for everyone’s who has been looking for me. Electric Bike Conversions order arrived this morning with all the parts I ordered. Quite bizarre as they don’t respond to any emails
, and the phone is disconnected. So they might still be in business, but many unhappy customers venting on the web about them.

I am still struggling with my Raleigh front hub motors and could not get them to work with the new controller today, but it worked with a new Bafang hub motor. So that’s going into one bike project, and I ordered a front wheel hub motor kit from Panda for the other. By this weekend I should have two bikes running, and then I will sort the other two motors out at my leisure on the work bench.

I understand that as controllers go, Kunteng are a good bet, and are the make that went with the Raleigh motors. But I don’t get what all the varied model numbers are for 250WATTS 36V. I think an email to China might be called for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
It looks the business is most likely in run off then ie selling all the parts stock before closure

There was a new sole director recently appointed so maybe sold

Im no expert but know a bit about company law. I suspect that as the company has not been placed into administration so the new guy (or company) is still liable for warranties etc

Good blooming luck enforcing that mind. It'll be wound up before you can get anywhere or at least put into administration

Or maybe the plan is just to sell parts via eBay until the company is wound up. And beyond ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Andrew Wingrove

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good luck with trying to get sense out them regarding controller numbers.

• :D

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Good luck with trying to get sense out them regarding controller numbers.
I recently swapped some cheapo pedals I ordered in wrong colour for some cheapish floating rotors a local guy ordered when he needed centre lock

But wow, the "chinglish" instructions on the box for the rotors was off the charts . Not seen anything like it for a good number of years. Very nostalgic !

apologies , I'm derailing the thread

Andy, good luck but like Neil says it's gonna be tough

And also, why bother? In seriousness no one else tries. KT are good controllers with good compatibility, even if they tell you batch 27 for company 83 had xxx designation....it won't really help

If you cannot get your replacement controller to work you are better off posting here (Though other forums are available to use BBC vernacular !)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree