Conversion for my sister

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Those prices are what I actually paid, including shipping. Shipping was free on the controller. The motor was a bare motor and I bought it with other stuff, so shipping cost was low. £100 was an estimate, but I reckon I actually paid about £80 for it. It's price today if you bought it on it's own including shipping is exactly £100. The LG battery cells came from Ebay. The bottle came from Aldi, the BMS from Aliexpress and the rest of the stuff from Ebay. All costs are included.
I may do that too then. I need a bike reliable and easy to service!!!

Did you buy the motor from bmsbattery? Why didn't you also buy the controller at the same time?

And where did you buy the controller and BMS? I may buy the exact same one.

For the phase / hall matching with controller, did you have to try them all one by one? I destroyed a couple of motor when trying to match them.

D

Deleted member 4366

I bought the controller from Aliexpress because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out. The KT controllers are better. That's the S06S from BMSB, but they only do 36v. If you want 48v, you have to get them from PSWPower or Aliexpress.

The BMS is just a cheap one. I think I got it from Aliexpress, but they have them on Ebay too. Look at the picture in the link in my previous post to match it.

The controller I used is a dual mode with self-learning, so it detects hall and phase wires automatically. The only problem I had was that it was turning the motor backwards, so I reversed a coupke of phase wires to get the right direction.

I bought several of those controllers, and every one has different settings. It took me ages to find a manual for the settings, and even then, it took a lot of head-scratching to get them right. The main problem was that there are several illogical modes of operation between the throttle and pedal sensor. On one controller, on one setting, the PAS only worked once. As soon as you stoped pedalling, the PAS was disabled until you switched off and on again. On my sister's bike, there was a very gradual ramping up of power from the pedal sensor, so gradual that you couldn't tell that it was working. Eventually, I found a setting that increased the ramp to an acceptable level. On both of them, the speed sensor setting was set to ridiculously high level like 50 and a 100 pulses per revolution, so I couldn't get any speed on the display until I found the setting. In summary, there were lots of problems to overcome, and two controllers that were externally identical had completely different software and settings inside.

Reactions: cwah

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I bought several of those controllers, and every one has different settings. It took me ages to find a manual for the settings, and even then, it took a lot of head-scratching to get them right. The main problem was that there are several illogical modes of operation between the throttle and pedal sensor. On one controller, on one setting, the PAS only worked once. As soon as you stoped pedalling, the PAS was disabled until you switched off and on again. On my sister's bike, there was a very gradual ramping up of power from the pedal sensor, so gradual that you couldn't tell that it was working. Eventually, I found a setting that increased the ramp to an acceptable level. On both of them, the speed sensor setting was set to ridiculously high level like 50 and a 100 pulses per revolution, so I couldn't get any speed on the display until I found the setting. In summary, there were lots of problems to overcome, and two controllers that were externally identical had completely different software and settings inside.
now you can see why I use Lishui controllers.
There are no parameters for the customers to play with then get us to fathom out where they've gone wrong.

Reactions: cwah

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I bought the controller from Aliexpress because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out. The KT controllers are better. That's the S06S from BMSB, but they only do 36v. If you want 48v, you have to get them from PSWPower or Aliexpress.

The BMS is just a cheap one. I think I got it from Aliexpress, but they have them on Ebay too. Look at the picture in the link in my previous post to match it.

The controller I used is a dual mode with self-learning, so it detects hall and phase wires automatically. The only problem I had was that it was turning the motor backwards, so I reversed a coupke of phase wires to get the right direction.

Thanks. I may get it all from bmsbattery. I don't want to spend time matching controller to motor