Conversion kit opinions

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some more pics of BBS conversion, under bar grey D-trunking ( thanks John) also cables now tidied up in grey electronic boxs behind seat post plus switch for lights. Waiting for Crown race for fork supension on front, got suntours NEX as I needed 260mm riser stem.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Now that's a thought Rusky !!!

Nothing2SeeHere

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2014
Some more pics of BBS conversion, under bar grey D-trunking ( thanks John) also cables now tidied up in grey electronic boxs behind seat post plus switch for lights. Waiting for Crown race for fork supension on front, got suntours NEX as I needed 260mm riser stem.
Looks really nice! The trunking really helps to tidy it all up. Did you order trunking from the eBay link above in the end? Asking as I have to find some grey trunking to match my Marin.
Got my Woosh BBS01 kit pre fitted (all the parts on and working but still need to tidy up) last weekend so just doing a few test runs at the moment whilst I work out what bits I need to adjust.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
N2SH I used a guy called David Fyfe ebay name one -source.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-line-30x15-Cable-Covers-Trunking-Various-Length-TV-Mounting-Various-Colours-/121427869034?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&var=&hash=item1c45aa3d6a#ht_777wt_1190

He ran out of stock but kept me informed and hey presto it still arrived with in 3 days, service was excellant. Only wanted 75cm it cost £6.99, the electronic boxs came from Brimal components. Its the tidying up that adds xtra hours but worth it.

Nothing2SeeHere

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for the tip. I bought some cheap trunking from Screwfix in the end.
2m for £4.69. More than I need but allows me to experiment a bit.

Decided to try routing everything via the down tube. As pointed out this is tricky as there is too much cable to easily fit in the 15mm trunking. I had a look at wider trunking but it didn't look as clean on the bike. I suspect that with an oversized alu frame it would look better than on a thin tubed steel frame. Also it turns out I didn't have any silver paint left over so the white trunking looks more obvious than it should do.

WP_20140927_17_40_53_Pro.jpg WP_20140927_17_41_21_Pro.jpg

As pointed out else where its becoming a bit of a money sink. I started off with a cheap (cost to me) bike and then I keep looking at bits and thinking, 'I'll just upgrade this bit' and 'I have these spare bits sitting around in the shed so I'll just fit them'.

Spotty dog

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2014
Now fitted my BBS 01 to my Surly troll the NuVinchi gears are very nice in use the speedict works well with smart phone giving accurate readings of voltage in battery and how much motor is using.My first gearing set up was 42T/21T which proved to be under geared I now run 42T/16T which is much better I also got some shorter 165mm thorn tandem cranks which look nicer.All my wiring connections and excess loom sit inside the top tube bag and the triangle bag protected from the elements.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A little feed back. 250+ miles now covered since conversion no real problems encountered, enjoying the BBS. I did suffer some over rotation in top gear (9 @ 24mph) at my full cadence. Realised gearing for me was a little low. Opted to change chain ring to the 52t one and now have a better range of gearing to use and my ride feels much better, before I was only using gears 6-9 now I find I have 4-9 which gives me a better selection. Lower gears not really used unless hills are involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathan75

rusky

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2014
Hove, East Sussex
After 3 months I have a 350W BBS01. The service from Hattie/Woosh was outstanding. Despite Tesco blocking my credit card & delaying everything, she still managed to get it delivered for the weekend.

I've just spent an hour fitting it & it's mostly done, I just need to tidy the cables & fit the speed sensor. The hardest part was getting the grips off the bars so I could fit the throttle & brake levers.

I'll finish the tidying etc & get some pics up over the weekend.

Reactions: MikeRo and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great Rusky I'm pleased for you:D. I'm finding mine to be just awsome.

rusky

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2014
Hove, East Sussex
Well, it's fitted & tidied enough to test. It goes very well on the brief test up & down the road.

I need to get some larger cable ties tomorrow & properly tidy it up.

I also need to find the larger rubber inserts for my Hope Vision1 as it's not going to be fitted in the centre on this bike.