Convert a old lady pashley for hills

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Just tried now and two problems. Initially says 'This page can't load Google Maps correctly.' then when I entered locations and hit GO it hung on a blank screen. Same on Chrome and Edge.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Sorry, still not right. The map comes up ok, but entering locations and hitting GO displays

$(document).ready(function(){ $('#nav ul').superfish(); full_width_slider(true, true, 5000, 1000); //parameters: autoplay: boolean, fade out arrow when no move: boolean, pause time: integer milliseconds, transition speed: integer milliseconds set_select(); set_captcha(true); validation(); jquery_miscellaneous(); });

>>>>>>>>>> added later. Works OK with good input. The error comes when one of the locations is not recognized.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think From: is fixed but not To:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Excellent, looking correct now. Thanks

Moon + Stick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018
Resurrecting and old thread because i can finally get round to sorting my bike (baby is big enough to take on the bike now)

@Woosh I emailed you last week to check if the BBS01 was still my best bet with a 13ah battery, did you get it?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
very sorry!

The Princess has a fully enclosed chain cover, the BBS01B comes with a minimalist chain cover.
I was looking for an additional chain cover to get close to the original chain cover but did not see anything suitable.
I have now replied.

I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Here is the Pashley Princess.

Jane Yelland

Jan 26, 2020
very sorry!

The Princess has a fully enclosed chain cover, the BBS01B comes with a minimalist chain cover.
I was looking for an additional chain cover to get close to the original chain cover but did not see anything suitable.
I have now replied.

I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Here is the Pashley Princess.

Resurrecting and old thread because i can finally get round to sorting my bike (baby is big enough to take on the bike now)

@Woosh I emailed you last week to check if the BBS01 was still my best bet with a 13ah battery, did you get it?

Jane Yelland

Jan 26, 2020
Hi there Moon on a Stick,
Have you managed to convert your Pashley?
I also have a Princess Sovereign and was wondering about converting mine.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's possible to fit the old chain cover to a BBS kit but it takes quite a bit of time to modify the old chain cover.
The last time I did something similar, it took me a whole day.
Honestly, if you want to fit a kit to the Pashley, a front XF07 hub kit with a rack battery is the way to go.

Moon + Stick

Aug 28, 2018
I did! I took it out for the first time last weekend (sans chain case, too lazy, but the chainring does fit in it but would need butchering)

It GOES! Even up hill. On the highest assist level I was like :O

I need to work on changing gear (they need tweaking too) though because if I stop pedaling and the motor stops helping my speed dramatically reduces which isn’t great when something/someone is behind me but changing while peddling didn’t feel healthy. I got up the 12% hill in like the 4/5th gear though, was effort but still got up

I need to have the brakes looked at because they are a bit crap and it’s a heavy bike down a steep hill.

It weighs an absolute tonne though but I don’t weigh much so I figure that makes up for it.

@Woosh both baby seats fit fine, though the front ones handlebars Are v close to the display and the rear gets in the way of the battery lock.

Attachments

Jane Yelland

Jan 26, 2020
I did! I took it out for the first time last weekend (sans chain case, too lazy, but the chainring does fit in it but would need butchering)

It GOES! Even up hill. On the highest assist level I was like :O

I need to work on changing gear (they need tweaking too) though because if I stop pedaling and the motor stops helping my speed dramatically reduces which isn’t great when something/someone is behind me but changing while peddling didn’t feel healthy. I got up the 12% hill in like the 4/5th gear though, was effort but still got up

I need to have the brakes looked at because they are a bit crap and it’s a heavy bike down a steep hill.

It weighs an absolute tonne though but I don’t weigh much so I figure that makes up for it.

@Woosh both baby seats fit fine, though the front ones handlebars Are v close to the display and the rear gets in the way of the battery lock.
Well done.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
Are you sure the geared rear hub is strong enough for a mid drive? Would front drive be an option, then you can keep the geared rear hub and have no extra load on it.

Good to see another wanting a "vintage" electric. I've just scored a very old child seat for my vintage conversion.

Attachments

Jane Yelland

Jan 26, 2020
Are you sure the geared rear hub is strong enough for a mid drive? Would front drive be an option, then you can keep the geared rear hub and have no extra load on it.

Good to see another wanting a "vintage" electric. I've just scored a very old child seat for my vintage conversion.
What are you converting?

Jane Yelland

Jan 26, 2020
1973/4 Raleigh Sport. New wheels, with rear hub motor fitted, all the electriclery is in the saddle bag. To complete I am waiting on wiring.
Neat job. Are those the original tyres?
The Pashley is not so easy to convert because of the dynamo on the front wheel and the enclosed gears at the back.