Convert or buy?

Moira

Just Joined
May 20, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi everyone.
First time here for me and I'm a complete novice so hoping for some good advice in laymans terms!☺
I want a pedelec to take with me when I go motorhoming. I have a Bontrager Navigator 300. Is converting a good idea or would it be better to buy given that I am no mechanic of either the mechanical or electrical variety!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi
My opinion is,having owned both a conversion kit bike and a ready made Electric one that the electric ready made one which was a Bighit Tonaro was far supperea than my conversion kit one although there were a big difference in price as in the Bighit was heading for the £2000 mark and the panda conversion complete was around £500/600 mark alo the Bighit was crank driven where the panda conversion was front wheel hub,but before you make your mind up take a look at Halfords if you are in the uk as i have heard some good reports about there ready made foldable E/bike ones, but this is just my opinion,best wishes Brian.

Phil Fouracre

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 28, 2013
Moira - I'd go for a conversion, as you've already got a reasonable bike, assuming that you like it. Have a look at Cyclotricity kits. I've done a couple of front wheel kits, and a couple of rears. Either would be suitable for your bike, really not very technical to, just follow the instructions