Coyote Connect (Halfords) - installing a throttle

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
Quick question - has anyone here ever installed a throttle on the Coyote Connect e-bike? I've done a search on the forum (and the internet at large!) and can't see anything, but apologies if there is already a thread.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 4366

The controller sits in that little box at the front of the battery. You need to open it up and drag out the controller, then take a photo of all the connectors.

Reactions: JimRides

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
I'm hoping this is a generic sort of controller. There are three empty sockets - can I just buy a throttle and plug it in? Any help much appreciated :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pics are very poor :eek: and make viewing on the eyes uneasy..
The last one 4 pin is a data cable for programming forget that. If you only have those other two then you need a 3 wire/pin connector.

Reactions: JimRides
D

Deleted member 4366

Red, black and yellow looks like a throttle connector. That's the old standard connector. When you buy your throttle, it might have the newer small black connector, in which case cut the connectors off and join the wires. make sure that yo connect red to red, black to black and yellow to whatever. Any throttle will work, but the small plain thumb throttles are normally easiest to fit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try and get a Wuxing 108x if you go for a thumb throttle, they are so much smoother and water resistant.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
Just an (extremely belated) update on this, in case anyone is interested. I ordered a throttle new from Ebay, there's loads of different ones listed but to be honest they all look very similar.

It only cost me about £3 and took a few weeks to arrive from China.

Fitting it was very easy, it just clipped into what was intuitively the right socket.

I was pleased to see that the bike already has a wire leading from the front brake leading to the controller, which is responsible for cutting out the motor when the brake is applied when the throttle is open.

The only thing that could be considered a problem is that the Coyote Connect doesn't have space for the throttle on the handlebars as it comes - you will have to get your Allan keys out and move things around (it wasn't a problem for me, because I am now running the bike as a single speed, so I have put the throttle where the old Revoshift gear selector was).

I hope this will be helpful to anyone :)

Liamxokellehh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 1, 2018
liverpool

Liamxokellehh

Feb 1, 2018
liverpool
Quick question - has anyone here ever installed a throttle on the Coyote Connect e-bike? I've done a search on the forum (and the internet at large!) and can't see anything, but apologies if there is already a thread.

Thanks!
Hi mate im also from liverpool and i assume you managed to fit the throttle onto your bike? and its very similar in terms of the computer thing do you think you could help me fit one onto mine its a
Carrera Vengeance E also from halfords

thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi, i would like some help fitting a throttle onto my bike it has the same kind of connector as the bike mentioned above i also got mine from halfords but mines a Carrera Vengeance E bike.
i really know nothing about these e bikes and dont want to mess my bike up can either of you help me step by step fit a throttle onto mine ?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/carrera-vengeance-e-mens-electric-mountain-bike-16-18-20-frames
Are you sure you have a connector for the throttle? Where is it? What does it look like?

Liamxokellehh

Feb 1, 2018
liverpool
Are you sure you have a connector for the throttle? Where is it? What does it look like?
Literally no idea but that bike has a similar remote control thing as mine
where would it be what can I take photos of for you to see weather it would work or not

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm pretty sure that yours doesn't have a connector because you have a different type of controller with sealed wiring.

Advertisers