Crossfire E spares supplier wanted

Duncan Latchford

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 30, 2018
hello everyone
Now my crossfire E bike is out of its two year warranty period i need a few parts the battery carrier plastic lower housing (terrible design broken 2) and the brake disc side anti rotation washer

obviously now its out of warranty halfords are useless and want to order a whole wheel assembly just to get the spacer (old one cracked but has been silver soldered the material was the usual worst quality cast chinese steel)

google has not turned up anyone actually selling the e bike parts as spares which surprised me so if anyone could point me to a uk based dealer who actually deals with the E bike parts i would appreciate it

regards
duncan

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery housing will be most likely oem specific so not likely to find after market match.
AR washers are easier if they are fairly generic.
10 x 12 or 10 x 14 ?

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Duncan Latchford

Jun 30, 2018
hi nealh
one side is a generic style washer but the one thats broke is a more machined part on the outside it has the locating peg that fits in the frame but on the inside it has a machined slot that fits inside the hub i assume its a system specific part. the battery holder part i need is the frame mounted lower plastic housing which weather proofs the electrics and holds the battery connection socket which always breaks the at best 2mm plastic that holds it i was hoping to get a new one

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...the battery carrier plastic lower housing (terrible design broken 2)...
The problem there is that it's a Phylion SF-06 extended size lower dock housing, which has the Suntour controller silicone sealed into the inside of the plastic moulding. I personally don't recall seeing any e-bike maker other than Halfords using that Phylion/Suntour combination anywhere in the UK or Europe. If it were the top part you'd broken, I could have helped you with a spare.

Reactions: Duncan Latchford

Duncan Latchford

Jun 30, 2018
hi cyclebuddy
thanks for the reply
yes the setup does seem unique to the older suntour hesc setups the battery and the actual bike has been fantastic just a shame the parts are not easier to get hold of. managed to find my original receipt for the bike and i could have sworn i got it in june 2016 but it turns out is was july so it may just be inside the warranty so will be taking it to halfords tomorrow.
I was already starting to look at mid mounted full suspension E bikes as i do mainly trail riding these days as with anything electrical the tech keeps getting better

Duncan Latchford

Jun 30, 2018
following up from this i have taken the bike back to halfords and got a different guy from last time and you can buy the spares direct from them the battery holder is a complete assembly and their computer said £42 but we will see when i was explaining the issue i went to one of their floor stand display bikes to show the bit that breaks and low and behold their own bike was broken in the same place and that was a 2 year newer version than my bike so looks like they have not redesigned the part for the new bikes. its crazy really without that silly issue i would never had a moments trouble with the bike and could not have said a bad word about it all for the extra production costs of £10 if that

Duncan Latchford

Jun 30, 2018
Bike was "repaired" by halfords under warranty and a new battery holder has been fitted by them (watford branch) but be careful what you wish for they have seriously damaged the battery terminals and had to replace one of the terminals on the bike. To say i am not amused would be a understatement will be taking the bike back today

Attachments

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Halfrauds have always and always will be a shower of sh1ts
There skills on cars and bikes leaves more than a bit too be desired
I would not let them screw a valve cap on let alone anything more involved
:(

Reactions: Alan Sutton

Advertisers