Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team 16" or 18"?

megadrive2

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 17, 2018
Hi Folks, I've recently upgraded my 1996 Giant Boulder 520 to a Cube Reaction Hybrid SL and after falling in love with my first e-bike I have decided I also want a full susser for weekend fun. The SL I have is 17" with 29" wheels. It's the perfect size for me but I would be wary about going bigger, however the Cube Action Team comes in 16" or 18" frames and 27.5" wheels. https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Stereo-Hybrid-160-Action-Team-500-27-5-2019-Electric-Mountain-Bike_128375.htm Would having the smaller wheels on a bigger frame make this equivalent to my 17" SL on 29ers or am I better going for the 16" frame? I know i'd be better off getting to try out the new bike in person but unfortunately I can't find anywhere that carries this model or Cube bikes in general locally.

megadrive2

Aug 17, 2018
Went for the 18" frame and it's arrived today, perfect size for me. This is by far the most gorgeous bike i've ever owned. Bought from Rutland Cycles in the end who kindly price matched MTB Monster giving me £400 off. Unfortunately the box came undone as I was helping the courier unload and I nearly had a heart attack as the bike almost dropped 3 foot off the back of the lorry, managed to grab it before it fell though and thankfully there was no damage. The driver helped me inspect the bike and I think he fell in love with it as well! Now I just need to find a way to break the news to my wife that I bought yet another bike when she comes back home later xD

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Went for the 18" frame and it's arrived today, perfect size for me. This is by far the most gorgeous bike i've ever owned. Bought from Rutland Cycles in the end who kindly price matched MTB Monster giving me £400 off. Unfortunately the box came undone as I was helping the courier unload and I nearly had a heart attack as the bike almost dropped 3 foot off the back of the lorry, managed to grab it before it fell though and thankfully there was no damage. The driver helped me inspect the bike and I think he fell in love with it as well! Now I just need to find a way to break the news to my wife that I bought yet another bike when she comes back home later xD
Tell her it fell off the back of a lorry:)
Dave

megadrive2

Aug 17, 2018
Haha! She arrived home and was surprisingly not that bothered, saying that, I'm expecting a long list of demands to come rolling out over the next few weeks!

Albez

Jun 13, 2018
How tall are you? The Cube Stereo is one of the bikes I'm looking at. I found the 29er wheels too big for me at 5ft 7 so gonna go the 27.5" route.
Hi Folks, I've recently upgraded my 1996 Giant Boulder 520 to a Cube Reaction Hybrid SL and after falling in love with my first e-bike I have decided I also want a full susser for weekend fun. The SL I have is 17" with 29" wheels. It's the perfect size for me but I would be wary about going bigger, however the Cube Action Team comes in 16" or 18" frames and 27.5" wheels. https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Stereo-Hybrid-160-Action-Team-500-27-5-2019-Electric-Mountain-Bike_128375.htm Would having the smaller wheels on a bigger frame make this equivalent to my 17" SL on 29ers or am I better going for the 16" frame? I know i'd be better off getting to try out the new bike in person but unfortunately I can't find anywhere that carries this model or Cube bikes in general locally.

megadrive2

Aug 17, 2018
I'm 5' 9" 33" leg. The only thing with this bike to be aware of is the dropper post reduces stand over at full extension. But you can drop it right down to get on, then raise when cycling. For your height a 16" frame would probably work better imho.

Reactions: Albez

Related Articles

Advertisers