CYCLAMATIC CONTROLLER REPLACEMENT ISSUES

gmal2017

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2017
Tyne and Wear
Still really stuck!!
The current configuration I have is the picture below, in this configuration no lights are shown on the handle bars and the throttle does not work however, when I press the pas button the motor kicks in at full power regardless if you're pedalling or not. The ignition is working as it should also.
Obviously the pas button is connected direct to the power but I'm very unsure of where the wires go, short from taking the throttle, brakes and lights apart to see which wire goes where, I'm stumped!
1 = Hall and motor connections, no problem here.
2 = Power, no problem here.
3 = PAS, obviously not correct
4 = Throttle, brake, power lights etc
I will also include a closer picture of before I attached the 4th wire.
Any help would be gratefully appreciatedIMG_1305.JPG
The below picture is before I added the (4) wire
IMG_1287.JPG

This is what the unhelpful person off eBay said the wires go to..

Cable connection:
Motor line:big yellow,big blue,big green
Positive and negative pole and electric door lock:
big red big black,small red integration
Study line:two White line black head
Holzer line:Five wire plug
Transfer line:Black, red, and green composite plug
Brake line and EABS function:purple,black,white

D

Deleted member 4366

You have your switch wired incorrectly. Most likely, you have your throttle wires out of sequence too, and maybe the PAS wires if that doesn't work.

For the motor to go when you press the switch, you must have incorrectly wired the 5v and throttle signal to it.

Did you flip your magnet disc? Did you check whether your PAS works backwards?

gmal2017

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2017
Tyne and Wear
I think it's likely that the PAS wires are incorrectly attached to one of the throttle wires I just don't have a clue which wires are which and I can't find anything from Cyclamatic to tell me which wires are which. If I had a diagram I could try with the box to link the correct wires.
I don't think the magnet disc is a problem just yet as it's only an issue when I press the pas button and regardless if I pedal.
Stumped!!!

gmal2017

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2017
Tyne and Wear
Quick update.
I've stripped the throttle and brake down and this is where the wires go.
Red and Yellow both go to the pas button
Black and Blue go to the throttle
Orange and Grey to the front brake 'they're cut off already from factory'
White goes to rear brake
Green goes to power lights

I'm not 100% sure that the orange wire from the controller is the brake , he said it would be the purple, black and white connector but which wire from it?

Bigfellabuck

Just Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Hull
Hi guys , I have the same bike with a circuit board on the controller that has a burned out diode on it, I've bought anew controller but the wires are different coloured with differing connectors, has anyone got a wiring diagram from the bike as I have a diagram for the new controller?? Thanks in advance Rich

Bigfellabuck

Just Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Hull
Oh bugger, I just opted for the controller, I wish I had joined here 2 months ago as I'd have gotten this one which is ready to plug n go , thanks for the heads up d8veh as I may wait until my electrician friend sees what I got before maybe going your route,

Ta Rich

D

Deleted member 4366

Oh bugger, I just opted for the cotntroller, I wish I had joined here 2 months ago as I'd have gotten this one which is ready to plug n go , thanks for the heads up d8veh as I may wait until my electrician friend sees what I got before maybe going your route,

Ta Rich
There's more than one version of the Cyclamatic. If you have the original type with no display and non-moulded connectors, it's much easier to replace just the controller as long as you can find one the same size. If your controller is too big to fit in the compartment, you can relocate it into an under-seat or triangle toolbag.

The original Cyclamatic has pretty standard wiring. The only unusual thing is that the PAS works backwards, so you have to flip the magnet disc. Also, the PAS takes its 5v from the throttle harness. You can leave it like that or route the red wire into the new PAS connector. Diagram in post#2.

Advertisers