Cyclamatic CX1 Pedal Assist

Penlost

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
I have an original Cyclamatic Power Plus bike since 2012 and really enjoyed it so did not hesitate last week to upgrade to the CX1. However, its very different. No twist grip and now I get to choose between Low, Medium and High power settings.

I think there may be a problem with it, or maybe I am riding it wrong? When I am peddling at lower speeds the power assist seems to cut in and out all the time. The lights stay on and it only does it at lower speeds. It still propels me along so its all good- its just a strange and annoying sensation for it to keep cutting in and out.

When I got it I opened up the controller to investigate this and one of the power lead bullet connectors was loose. I tightened it all up and thought that might fix it, but its still the same. All the other connections look fine in there. I am not putting my hands over the brake levers.

So - am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? And if not, is it an easy fix or shall I send it back to Sports HQ?

D

Deleted member 4366

The three levels are speed controls. That means that there's a different speed cut-off for each of the three levels. Lots of cheap bikes are like that. If you don't want it to cut-off, select a higher level (speed).

Penlost

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Thanks d8veh, the cutting in and out is worse on the high level, and at lower speeds when I am trying to get the bike going so guessing its not cutting out due to the speed?

D

Deleted member 4366

Check the motor connector then. Often, they're not pushed all the way in.

Also, check that the PAS magnet disc hasn't been knocked away from the sensor. The gap should be about 1mm.

Penlost

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Thank you , checked and they both look ok. Anything else I can try before I return the bike?