Cyclamatic Power Plus Owners club

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Have you also thought about getting insurance? The son of a friend of mine had his normal bike stolen last week and the insurance claim was serviced very quickly. The new bike arrived within a few days.

gip

Just Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Commonly known as sheet metal worker for this sort of work.
Thank you! I m stll learning english :) I think I ll evaluate an insurance but as far as I know it doesnt cover parts theft, does it? Today I tried the bike for about 10 miles, it was ok but I noticed that the led near the trottle goes red at every hill,and turn green again on the flat. It is normal?

D

Deleted member 4366

Thank you! I m stll learning english :) I think I ll evaluate an insurance but as far as I know it doesnt cover parts theft, does it? Today I tried the bike for about 10 miles, it was ok but I noticed that the led near the trottle goes red at every hill,and turn green again on the flat. It is normal?
That's normal. Nothing to worry about. It's called voltage sag, which happens when you draw a lot of current from the battery.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I have noticed sportshq stuck another £100 on the cyclamatic range, is this now good value compared to the woosh bikes which seem to have better specs ??

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Jasper
To be quite honest mate the Woosh has a 36V motor and battery and for me that would be a clincher. As I have said in the past the Cyclamatics are good value and ours have been reliable but the 24V motor and battery is IMHO the weak spot of the bike if you are going to take up E biking seriously.

Dave

mxer125

Pedelecer
May 13, 2011
Looking for a new Ignition barrel, Any spares about before i hard wire a switch ?
Anyone had any issue's with the ignition? The contact's seem to be the problem internally, Had a little look and it's pretty much a sealed unit but was able to get a small screw driver in there to bend the contacts a little but it's very limited in space, hence the problem came up again (lucky not far from home) must of been my day!!!....

mattiabile

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Hello to all
My name is Mattia
I'm an Italian guy and I bought an electric bicycle Cyclamatic Power Plus
I have a question
Who sells replacement parts for this bike?
Thanks to all for the answer
good evening

alban

Pedelecer
May 25, 2011
Mattia
SportsHQ here supply the bikes and supply parts too tho' you can source batteries and controllers etc from elsewhere which can be made to fit on the bike, with some adjustment. Read around here for that info.

mattiabile

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Mattia
SportsHQ here supply the bikes and supply parts too tho' you can source batteries and controllers etc from elsewhere which can be made to fit on the bike, with some adjustment. Read around here for that info.
thanks for the answer.
I bought SportsHQ
SportsHQ are very professional but on their website apart from the battery I have not seen other parts.
I'll try to ask them also because the bike is still under warranty.
thank you

alban

Pedelecer
May 25, 2011
Yes the batteries seem to be all they supply but I have found them pretty good at supplying replacement bits when under warranty.

Neophyte

Just Joined
Apr 20, 2012
I have noticed sportshq stuck another £100 on the cyclamatic range, is this now good value compared to the woosh bikes which seem to have better specs ??
Yes i noticed the recent price hike, luckily i just got my Cyclamatic Power plus delivered before the increase.
It would have been nice to see the bike uprated to 36v system for the rise. 600 gbp brings it in the price range of 36v other budget makes. At 399 gbp ,at christmas, it was a real bargain, then 499 gbp it was still a good price , but 599 gbp, people are going to look for a 36v budget bike. Dont get me wrong though, its a very nice well made and attractive bike, still well worth the money compared with the more expensive other makes.

Reactions: dr bob

mattiabile

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Yes i noticed the recent price hike, luckily i just got my Cyclamatic Power plus delivered before the increase.
It would have been nice to see the bike uprated to 36v system for the rise. 600 gbp brings it in the price range of 36v other budget makes. At 399 gbp ,at christmas, it was a real bargain, then 499 gbp it was still a good price , but 599 gbp, people are going to look for a 36v budget bike. Dont get me wrong though, its a very nice well made and attractive bike, still well worth the money compared with the more expensive other makes.
It SportHQ has increased the price.
I paid 660 euros including shipping cyclamatic PowerPus in Italy.
Now it costs 815 euros

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015

Good for ten miles when it works. Now it has stopped working suddenly. It was like the battery running out, but it seems to be charge fully. All the lights came on.

Steve davis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 20, 2016
Ann Arbor,Mi
Wondering if anyone can direct me to an online version of the instruction manual for the Cyclamatic Power Plus. I just bought one used and want to ensure I'm charging it correctly etc.
Thanks!

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Wondering if anyone can direct me to an online version of the instruction manual for the Cyclamatic Power Plus. I just bought one used and want to ensure I'm charging it correctly etc.
Thanks!
Let me know if you find one. After a month or so, the performance went down from poor to very poor and hen it stopped working. When I find the time, I will have to have a more thorough look to find out why it doesn't work. Bike is a very good ride when it works. I would be extremely wary of buying an Ebike online or w/o trying it out. Range and power is insufficient for practical use.

Last edited:

Steve davis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 20, 2016
Ann Arbor,Mi
Let me know if you find one. After a month or so, the performance went down from poor to very poor and hen it stopped working. When I find the time, I will have to have a more thorough look to find out why it doesn't work. Bike is a very good ride when it works. I would be extremely wary of buying an Ebike online or w/o trying it out. Range and power is sufficient for practical use.
Thanks! Will do. I'm new to all of this but have been doing a bit of research. Sounds like your battery died a progressive death? I'm sure you've seen the threads discussing 36V battery packs that are a direct plug and play for the Cyclamatic. Sounds like the motor will easily handle that voltage and you get about a 25 to 50% speed increase. One confusing issue I've seen relative to charging the battery is if you leave the power on or off when charging. I've read both.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks! Will do. I'm new to all of this but have been doing a bit of research. Sounds like your battery died a progressive death? I'm sure you've seen the threads discussing 36V battery packs that are a direct plug and play for the Cyclamatic. Sounds like the motor will easily handle that voltage and you get about a 25 to 50% speed increase. One confusing issue I've seen relative to charging the battery is if you leave the power on or off when charging. I've read both.
Let me know how you get on. I've not diagnosed the problem yet. Speed is rarely a problem, distance is and power to get up steep hills.