cyclone motor kit

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
hi does anyone know anything about cyclone motor kit it looks like a poor mans panasonic but possibly more powerful also there li poly battery has 2 year warranty which seemed pretty good also a question for anybody is there any difference in max torque between american ezee bike and british bike or is difference just at lower end

jim

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I did look into buying one once Jim to play with it, but decided not to in the end.

There are various online reports about the poor water resistance, it being very prone to being sprayed from the front tyre. Also, it seems they suffer quite severe corrosion problems due to inadequate finishes and I saw one US dealer refusing to supply these any more because of these problems.

One member in this forum got a kit but it came with wholly inadequate information and non-matching colour coding in the wiring, the cables not matching the inadequate instructions in having more and different wires that specified. Last I heard he was trying to get more information from Cyclone.

There isn't the slightest comparison with the Panasonic's sophistication of course, the Cyclone just having the usual direct throttle control.

Apparently the 180 watt version is very weak and not worthwhile, and the 350 watt one not as powerful as that number might suggest. As for that guarantee, I wouldn't like to try and enforce it through Taiwan, and they don't have a UK base, just a single web page here.

All in all, you can see why I decided not to pursue the purchase, despite the superficial attraction of that drive.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dealing separately with the eZee question, here's the answers.

The Torq and Quando are identical in both UK and USA markets.

The UK Sprint and Cadence have 250 watt motors, the US versions the 350 watt that's in the F series.

The F series, being the US Fury (which is the UK Forza) and the UK Forza and Forte have the same 350 watt motors. To make the UK ones legal on our roads they are delivered with a restrictor, but this can be disconnected for off road private land use.

Last edited: