d8veh where are you?

Woody

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 9, 2011
Is it just me or does the forum seem a lot less interesting without d8veh? I was away for a few weeks and dismayed to find that he'd quit the forum when I checked in. There are a lot of clever, creative people on this site but I've always found his contributions to be among the most interesting. I sent him a PM straight away but haven't heard anything back. Maybe if a few people were to show him some appreciation we might be able to coax him back?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Is it just me or does the forum seem a lot less interesting without d8veh? I was away for a few weeks and dismayed to find that he'd quit the forum when I checked in. There are a lot of clever, creative people on this site but I've always found his contributions to be among the most interesting. I sent him a PM straight away but haven't heard anything back. Maybe if a few people were to show him some appreciation we might be able to coax him back?

Believe me Woody, we have tried ......and you are so right......he really IS missed......even if I didnt understand most of what he said :D :D

He did explain to me the real, fundamental reason for him leaving and I have to say I had to agree with him.

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Many of us have tried asking him back in previous threads, assuring him that he is very welcome, but no response. In fact this is the second time he's left, first a member from October 2010 for 7 months before leaving May 2011, then rejoining in August 2011 and leaving again in April 2012. Both times he left annoyed at other member's postings, expressing his strong preference for the Endless Sphere forum where you will find him now.

I rather think this forum with it's very mixed nature, humour and rough and tumble will probably never suit him. Some of us like this mixed nature in preference to the relentlessly technical, I certainly do, and I can't see the point of having an imitation Endless Sphere when that original is excellent in it's own rights. I see the two as complementary.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
In fairness, I find this forum far more balanced and interesting. Yes certain comments can appear cutting, but compared to endless sphere, where the majority of posters are on a mission to travel at Mach 3. This for me is perfect. Also the fact the manufactures/dealers post, means we are supported.
I have only been on here a few weeks, but find it very informative.
Banter is a wonderful human trait and long may it continue.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi.
"Spoken" with d8veh and he is alive a kicking on Endless-Sphere.com

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Gone but not forgotten.

Actually my new speedo said i was doing 57mph. Got a new speedo from the same company and i am now doing 75mph. Chinese Crap. Yes and i wired it right. What ever happened to good old english Engineering. Then i think of Rover. Most of my friends were working there, now BMW mini. What has happened? I would rather pay more for something that works. That,s why Germany (meile, Bosch (made in Czechoslovakia sometimes now) apparently is doing all right. Another thread and another day. Thats my pennies worth. Just angry because we have the engineering skills in the uk.

Sorry carry on with your thread.

Last edited: