dead Battery

aidan

Just Joined
Nov 29, 2016
dublin
i bought a 2nd hand Wisper works 905Se city 2 years ago. Great bike but unfortunately the battery has died.
The battery is a Lithium 36 v 14a, replacement cost is over £650, more than I paid for the bike. Are there spurious battery suppliers like Ali express where I could get battery cheaper?
Any advice?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Wow £650 is steep! Our price is £535.00 inc VAT plus delivery for the 16Ah version.

The Wisper Works must be about 6/7 years old. The battery has done very well in deed, the original Wisper replacements do last for ages.

All the best, David

Chris Maluszynski

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Hey, I'm about to try to revive my old Wisper Works 905 with a new battery from China. I want to get a 48V one with a new controller - started a thread about this here:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/rebuilding-a-wisper-905.28070/#post-379808

The thing is my bike is in Norway, and I am currently in the UK so I can't measure the battery compartment (or the old battery) - maybe you could help me with this to see which battery might fit in the compartment of the Wisper?

Cheers

Chris

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If you email me Chris I'll give you the dimensions.

Be very careful buying Cells from China, whilst there are excellent suppliers there are also some crooks esp on Ebay. Please check they have the correct certification before you purchase. Don't forget that you are responsible for the battery as soon as it reaches European waters. Make sure they don't send by air.

Also unless you are expert or getting expert advice make sure you buy a matching controller and display.

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If buying cells use Nkon .nl for genuine ones.
Cell price for genuine China cells is cheaper but when you factor in the delivery costs and waiting time then buying from Nkon can be the same or a bit cheaper. Approx 4 days door to door delivery and only 10-12 euros postage.
Do the maths first before rushing in, there is a chance that customs may open your China parcel and cells could be damaged or go missing as repacking can be poor.