Deal when buying a new bike

Discussion in 'Which electric bike should I buy?' started by bikey850, Feb 11, 2018.

1. bikey850

bikey850 Finding my (electric) wheels

Hello,

I'm buying a new e-bike in the next few weeks.

What is a reasonable discount/extra to ask for that wont insult the bike shop (who have been great).

It's not an Internet only place so I appreciate they have overheads.

Happy to hear from those who have got a little something on their bike and also opinion from those the other side of the counter.

Many thanks,

2. Kendalian

Kendalian Finding my (electric) wheels

Probably depends on the brand - I couldn't get anything off my Orbea anywhere. However I did get 2 years free servicing and a frame security marking kit for free.

Good luck!

Kendalian

3. Plodder Bob

Plodder Bob Finding my (electric) wheels

I got 12% discount off Evans cycles without much effort . However they wouldn’t allow me to do 0% finance over 12 months . I bought the bike but got home to find charger only had European 2 pin plug and no pedals were included .

4. It depends which bike you want to get.

5. Powerbikes

Powerbikes Trade Member

Really does depend on the bike. There isn't a huge markup on E-Bikes so there is only so much that can be taken off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Electrifying Cycles

Electrifying Cycles Official Trade Member

We will be having our sale off a selection of 2017 models including Haibike (20% off) as well as a few demo Riese and Muller models . However we only sell locally, so depends where you are based? Unless you wanted to collect?

Thanks David

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DynatechFan

DynatechFan Pedelecer

My folks ran a bike shop for years, bikes created cash flow but parts, repairs and repeat customers created profits. Most bike margins have never been huge

In my experience it can be as much about timing / luck if you want more than 10%. If a shop has what you want and they need to shift it for space / cashflow you can get a bargain. If its a new model then you are better off trying to get bits/servicing - worth good money to you and affordable to the shop - win:win :)

FWIW things like British Cycling membership can get you some discounts
    big enough to justify joining for a year

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice