Decisions, decisions.... Carrera v Cube

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
Hi. I've narrowed my choices down to two bikes. I looked at the Carrera Crosspath but decided against it as I don't like the battery on the rack and Halfords can't say when they'll have an 18"frame in stock. So now I've upped my budget slightly and am trying to decide between the Carrera Crossfuse (£1600) or the Cube Cross Hybrid One 400 Allroad (£1699). I've read quite a bit aboit the Crossfuse but can't seem to find out much about the Cube bike. Does anybody have a similar model and would be willing to share their thoughts?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
IMHO the Cube is a better looking bike. I have seen one up close and they look very well made. If I was on the market for a bike the trapeze frame (low step over) Cubes would be on my short list.

Reactions: HH66

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Cube all day long

Apart from a better quality bike I wouldn’t personally touch anything the cowboys at halfrauds had been in contact with
Too big of a percentage of there branches are staffed by people who have no business being near bikes or cars for that matter .

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
Thanks for the replies. My main reason for looking at the Crossfuse was that there's a Halfords near where I live. I'd have to buy the Cube online as that model isn't stocked by either of my local dealers. I think the Cube is the better bike so I might just take the chance.

Shurm

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2018
I have the Cube acid hybrid one 500 and its been faultless, when I was looking the Cube was better all round really.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
So far I'm delighted with my Crossfuse. Yesterday I did 56 miles near Holy Isalnd and when I got back there was about 15% battery remaining. I think it's a very attractive bike with a dark blue metallic frame and the light brown gel saddle.
Halfords can be irritating for various reasons but they are 'there' and if you push them they have policies that are good - 10% off the Crossfuse if you pay 24 quid to join the British Cycling thing. Two- day delivery and everything setup ok. They also let me swap the Crossfire that I'd done 300 miles on for the Crossfuse at no extra cost other than the retail price difference.
Mike

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Cube for me every time, I have an acid one, same Bosch motor as in the crossfuse but everything else is better than halfords (IMO)
Rutland cycles have a presence on this forum and Anthony was very helpful when it came to pricing my cube. Also they have excellent customer support in store.
One thing in halfords favour is there discounts, a £30ish British Cycling membership will give you 10% discount at halfords, time it right when they have a sale and this could be another 20%. I think it was the Easter sales when a shrewd buyer could get a crossfuse for just over £1100.