Decisions decisions decisions

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi folks having bought my wife a new Juicy bike a couple of months ago i have now decided its time i got an e-bike as well (meaning i cant keep up on the hills) i am undecided between second hand and new and have seen a 2012 Trek fx + for sale and was wondering peoples views on this model, failing that i would be looking to spend around a £1000 but looking for a more traditional hybrid ie crossbar style, opinions would be welcome. Cheers Steve.

D

Deleted member 4366

i wouldn't but the Trek. it has the Bionx system, which can only be fixed by a Bionx dealer - if you can find one. The battery is probably due for replacement and it'll swallow your entire budget on its own. If you want to buy a used bike, get one with standard Chinese electrics. Kudos have some nice bikes in that price bracket, so do Woosh. Juicy have one in that price range, and there's Roodog bikes, or look at E-bikes direct. Finally, the Halfords ones are not bad for the money., but they have their own system, so you're stuck with Halfords to repair it if anything needs fixing. That's not a problem if you can't or don't want to fix it yourself.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Cheers for that d8veh that rules out the Trek then, will probably buy new in that case so will check out your suggestions and see if i can find something suitable. Cheers Steve.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Steve,

for your budget, take a look at the Woosh Rio MTB.

http;//wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb