Derestrict advice

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi guys,

I won't tell anyone...but has anyone managed to derestrict a kudos secret? I'm asking for a friend
It's standard Chinese stuff, so should be straight forward. Pull the controller out of the frame to see if there's a pair of single wires that are either already connected or waiting to be connected. If it doesn't have them, then a new controller will sort it for about £40 or less.

Aarongriffin999

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 30, 2018
Southampton
Thanks d8veh, I've read a fair amount of posts from you. Thanks for replying. I'm trying to find out how to do this and struggling to find out stuff online. Can you push me in the right direction please?

Thanks again.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
i have kudos vita uno which I believe would be similar to secret 3 levels of pas and throttle limited to 4mph, might be same controller which incidentley has no brand name or part number 15 amp max.

couple of pics of controller, I cannot see anything obvious re 2 wires
(I was thinking of seeing if a dolphin o9 would fit in the triangle)

but looking the controller there is a thickish black wire nothing that seems to be red + battery connections?

I too would like full speed throttle and bit more pas

DSCF1592.JPG DSCF1591.JPG DSCF1592.JPG DSCF1591.JPG DSCF1592.JPG DSCF1591.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks d8veh, I've read a fair amount of posts from you. Thanks for replying. I'm trying to find out how to do this and struggling to find out stuff online. Can you push me in the right direction please?

Thanks again.
It's just stuffed into the frame behind the battery connector. Take the 4 screws out around the battery connector, and you can draw the whole lot out.

Aarongriffin999

Jan 30, 2018
Southampton
Thanks man, really helpful. I can unscrew and access, it is just what I do once that is done. I have no idea what I'd do with a new controller or if I find there are wires coming out if mine, what I do then?

D

Deleted member 4366

Pull it out and photograph it so that we can see every wire and every connector.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oh man, wires everywhere! Here are the pictures...
Their is what appears to be a single thin white wire which may be speed related, disconnect it to see if it there is any change.

No ignore the above having looked at the other pics appears to be a black wire as well so probably brake cut offs.

Aarongriffin999

Jan 30, 2018
Southampton
Hi Footpump, no part number or any other indication on the controller, just a sticker with Chinese on it.

Thanks for looking nealh.

D

Deleted member 4366

The photos are just not clear enough to see what we need. All the wires and connectors are overlapping each other, the resolution and focus are also poor. Five photos of five different connectors would have been a lot better than 5 photos showing the same tangled mess. You need to help us to help you. What sort of phone do you have? This is what a Samsung does. Note that you can see every connector and every colour of wires:

20180201_183714.jpg
Basically, you're looking for two single grey or white wires that might be joined to each other or not.

Aarongriffin999

Jan 30, 2018
Southampton
Lol this is what a Samsung does, no, it is what my current Rom does. I have a rooted galaxy note 3 and yes I was panicking when I took the pictures that stuffing all those wires back into the space was going to stop the bike working if I broke one. Sorry the quality is low.

Ok, I didn't see a grey/white connected loop like in the picture you provided. If I do find one though, why would I do? Is it as simple as just disconnecting the loop?

D

Deleted member 4366

Connect it or disconnect it the opposite of it's present state.

Advertisers