Describe your own ‘Truman Show’ bubble

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
You are a lovely, informative and helpful community but ... you fail on the emotive, intimate expressive side of your thought processes.

I want to see, (read), more of the adventure side of your pedelec / ebike adventures.

I haven't forgotten the ant thing, Flecc ... but I have to walk up the wooden hill.

I'll pick this post up tomorrow ...

Nite nite

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
You are a lovely, informative and helpful community but ... you fail on the emotive, intimate expressive side of your thought processes.
Fighting at 60 is never a good look but .. lets just say my night in The Hope and Anchor was ... eventful.

Jeez.

The landlady agreed / accepted that I was provoked ...

Mebbe we dinnae want tae get punched up, or yin's too saft in the heid tae ken whit ye're on aboot big man! :D

gregor-fisher-actor-and-comedian-in-role-as-rab-c-nesbitt.jpg

Last edited:

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
I was going to write about how amazing ants are, having invented sailing and flying, millions of years before man, (by using leaves as transport to glide or float on), but, I’m afraid, I’ve lost all my enthusiasm and recognise that, only a couple of weeks into my 60th year, I’ve already turned into a horrible, grumpy, old man. :-(

It’s my local packed with friends I have known all my adult life and I’d been drinking in that pub for 40 years, (including experiencing my 20 year love story with Jackie during that time), but with taking Warfarin for one thing and ‘other pills’ for something else, I really, really can’t afford to be putting myself in danger like last night.

I won’t be returning there.

I’m just going to accept that this last phase of my life is going to be a little different than what I’ve experienced prior.

Funny really … that I mentioned about re-inventing myself several years ago. (In an earlier post above)

It looks like I’m planning to do so again.

I wonder what’s wrong with me. :-(

I had a little bit of cheer delivered my way just now.

While returning from Morrisons in the dark across the fields, Brian, the homeless fella, (mentioned in another thread), appeared in my vision and I shouted, “Have a good Christmas, Brian?”

“Thanks to you I did”, he shouted back

… and that made me smile. :)

Thanks for the help and advice the last few weeks ... and the good humour of some particular posters! :)

Cheers

Reactions: Steed and LeighPing

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Just noticed Beach Thorncombe has been put off by the forum yobs, so what a superbly fascinating but dead thread. I tried something similar (Truman Bubble that is) but not nearly so informed or ambitious (just photos of a much less diverse region of the country really).

Reactions: LeighPing

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
My bubble is 150 miles across(range with 64Ah of batteries fitted) and actually touches both the east,and the west coasts !
My range tends to be limited by time as I can only ride Monday to Thursday and between 9.30am and 4pm.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
My bubble is 150 miles across(range with 64Ah of batteries fitted) and actually touches both the east,and the west coasts !
My range tends to be limited by time as I can only ride Monday to Thursday and between 9.30am and 4pm.
I'm in a similar scenario. I carry 2752Wh (62Ah @ 44.4V) when out on a long-range ride and if I'm not too frivolous with the power (which isn't often), am limited by time, rather than battery capacity. I have managed to drain this huge pack in 54 miles before, although reckon I could get under 30 if I really tried!

Nowadays though, the biggest limit is my 20 month old daughter. I don't think I've been out on a non-utility ride since last May!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I'm in a similar scenario. I carry 2752Wh (62Ah @ 44.4V) when out on a long-range ride and if I'm not too frivolous with the power (which isn't often), am limited by time, rather than battery capacity. I have managed to drain this huge pack in 54 miles before, although reckon I could get under 30 if I really tried!

Nowadays though, the biggest limit is my 20 month old daughter. I don't think I've been out on a non-utility ride since last May!
I have not been out since mid December due to the strong winds among other things,never known a winter like it.
I have 28 year old disabled twins at home along with elderley parents to look after so when I do go out I like to go hard and long.
Recently upgraded to a BBSHD which uses an average between 25 and 30 Wh/mile on road and the sky is the limit off road.
Strong winds and snow here now so it looks like my first ride of the year is put back yet again.

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
Just noticed Beach Thorncombe has been put off by the forum yobs, so what a superbly fascinating but dead thread. I tried something similar (Truman Bubble that is) but not nearly so informed or ambitious (just photos of a much less diverse region of the country really).
Bless you, Steed, ... but I'm still here! :)

And look, (despite it being nearly 6am), I can walk along this white line without hardly wobbling at all. (Apparently, according to some forum contributors, adding comments in "the early hours", carries with it the accusation that a poster is three sheets to the wind!)

Steed. Don't EVER be fussed or intimidated by fellow forum folk.

Most will offer tepid responses or some knee jerk reaction. A few will deliver wisdom ... and every once in a while a contributor will truly open your / our eyes.

As for the ones that spit fire and venom?

That's OK too. (Better they fire their frustrations at us online folk rather than vent their anger at people in the real world).

• :D

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
I like the idea of exploring my 'Truman Bubble' though never heard that term before. I think I need to find out exactly how big the bubble is first, being a new ebiker.
I was reading a Council leaflet about places to look out for, cycle lanes and trails, roads to avoid and snippets of history just this morning so as I get more confident and my legs get stronger I'll venture further afield.

Advertisers