Dillenger 1000 Watt, 48 Volt, 10Ah, Front wheel kit

C

Cyclezee

Hi Kinninvie.

Excellent reviews and testing! I've just bought an identical kit from Dillinger and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm rather annoyed with them though as they advertise same day dispatch and next day delivery but 3 days on, I'm no clearer as to when it will arrive.

Can you recall how long your's took to arrive?

Sorry to hijack your brilliant thread.
Hi James.

You could ask the supplier for tracking information, we always provide this so the buyer can see what is happening.

James Farley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2014
Yes I have done. Their response was:

"Should be there very soon as it was shipped recently"

Meh.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Mine arrived the day after they said it would.
I am currently having problems with their aftersales service as the rpas sensor has stopped working.
They have asked for pictures of the connection which I have sent 3 times,both inline and as attatchments to the e-mail and they keep saying they have not recieved them.
The connection is perfect and cant be incorrect as its a keyed connection.
I will be getting in touch with the head office in Australia next.

James Farley

Aug 8, 2014
Sorry to hear you're having problems too. Just so you know (as far as I can gather) their only office is in Australia. When you email their UK email address, it goes directly to their Australia office. You may have noticed that they only respond at twilight hours - This is because of the time difference.

Also, dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk is actually registered to the following address:

Registrant's address:
3/13 Olympic Circuit, Southport
Goldcoast
QLD
Australia

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
This is why I always use Barclaycard to buy expensive stuff.
If I cant get it sorted I will just get Barclays to do a chargeback for me.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
2 weeks after my RPAS problem and still no new sensor(although I reckon the problem will be in the controller).
Hope this is not a sign of things to come as I know other folk are waiting to see how their customer service shapes up before deciding wether or not to order these kits.
Found a couple of extremely slack spokes yesterday and on checking,over half of them needed tightening by half a turn on average.
I have done 230 miles so far .

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Had a slow(13.7Mph average) ride out today and managed to get 21 miles out of the 10Ah battery.
Kept the gears at middle chainring and top gear on the wheel and used the throttle everywhere(as little as possible) except the downhills and pedalled all the time as well.
http://www.strava.com/activities/185554728
and
http://www.strava.com/activities/185473567

I did have a problem at 10 miles when the motor cut out and the lcd came up with error 6 (controller short circuit) !!
It happened twice more over the next mile then has been ok since.
I expect its related to my RPAS problem for which I am still waiting for a new sensor.

D

Deleted member 4366

Check that your phase wire connections at the controller haven't melted.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Had the same problem this morning but it did not clear itself after a couple of minutes so unplugged the pedelec sensor and, hey presto, no more problems.

I still think the problem is in the controller rather than the sensor but I will find out when the new sensor eventually turns up.

Pedaldog

Aug 25, 2014
North West
Just charged the battery and it took 5.5 hours from flat to full.
Thats a bit different from the claimed 3 hours.
Bought a pair of Dr Sludge self sealing inner tubes today to go with the puncture resistant tyreso_O
Belt and braces comes to mind.
be aware that the Sludge tubes do add a fair bit of drag to the rolling and it might cut your range or speed a little. probably not too much but just sayin' like.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Thanks for that but not noticed any difference(probably because its the 1000 watt motor).
I also fitted slick tyres in place of the knobblies so maybe one cancellled the other out;).

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
A full month after reporting my pedelec failure to Dillenger and they have still not sorted anything.
If this is the level of their customer service then people should think twice about which kit to buy over here.
Trading Standards have advised me to give them another 7 days then if its not sorted the kits going back for a refund.
Shame as it worked well for the first couple of weeks.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Wilpost: 234944 said:
Have you tried ringing them (Australia)?
No.
l have emailed them several times which I prefer as I then have complete records in case I hàve to take appropriate action at some point.

Reactions: jackhandy

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
My BBS02 turned up today!
Build date is 08 August 14 so it will have the 9 fet controller in which is good news.
Once I get a bike sorted for it I will start a new thread for it.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Dillenger replied yesterday to say the original part sent must have got lost in the post.
They are now sending a new sensor and a new higher amperage controller (nice).
This time its air express with tracking so hopefully we will be sorted next week.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Received new controller and sensor yesterday.
Plugged the sensor in today and alls working great again.
Means I have a spare controller in case it ever plays up or I may even use it as the basis for another build
I would love to try it on my chinese scooter!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Took it for a spin yesterday and its so much better with the PAS.
On throttle you either have very little power or its flat out.
With the PAS you have 5 different speeds/power levels and if you are in fifth you can open the throttle and still get a little bit more.

Reactions: jackhandy

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I would like to thank Sam Dillenger for getting my problem sorted quickly(4 days from Australia) once he realised the original replacements had been lost.
They are currently working on a new cuctomer care package which should speed things up greatly for us here in the UK.