DIY Conversion - Voodoo Marasa

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PF will incur 20% vat + £8 handling charge on items declared value over £39, If item is under £135 duty is nil.

• Informative
Reactions: jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Cheaper than DHL then, but of course they charge more handling fee but in my case haven't yet ?

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Update my DHL delivery from PSWPOWER is scheduled to be delivered today. That was fast!

As I said nothing from BMS yet.

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Wow PSWPOWER were quick, ordered last Friday and DHL delivered today at 09:30 so 4 days including weekend!

IMG_0413.jpg

Pity the motor has not even left BMS/China yet :rolleyes:

Things have moved on a bit since I last ordered a controller several years ago. Love the new throttle design. A couple of points.

1. If I plug the controller into a 36v supply will the monitor turn on as I think I read somewhere you have to power a wheel before this will happen ?

2. I can look but is there a diagram of which connector is for which ? Most of them I can figure out like power, three motor wires, LCD etc.

Time to play :)

PS I didn't ask them to mark it down but they only declared it as a sample at a cost of $24 so not sure what the charge was for. I guess I will just keep quiet.

Ah found the pinout on the website

http://www.pswpower.com/upfile/dtpic/2016/3F/39N8.50CQE/44389X_4AUDX.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The LCD only needs battery power to switch on. You can then look at the settings. Hint: make a note of any settings before you change them.. Don't open the throttle or mess about with the PAS until you have a hall sensor motor connected.

Some motors can't be connected colour to colour. In most cases they can. Only use a little amount of throttle until you get the motor running smoothly. If it jerks, kicks, clicks, stutters, runs backwards or grinds, you probably need to change the connection sequence. If it sits there like it's dead, you might have to change the sequence too, but check everything else first.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks Dave I just tried it and as you state it will come on when connected to my battery. Had a quick look round. This is a nice addition to my throttle only/no LCD conversions of the past.

As you say loads of settings which I need to read up about. I hear there is a full PDF file of all the settings.

Only plugged the monitor in no throttle etc. I will wait till my motor arrives.

I assume in there somewhere I can set max current ?

Jerry

D

Deleted member 4366

They use current control, so each PAS level is a different max current. You can adjust the global max current a bit.

If you go to the S-LCD3 listing on the BMSB site, the manuals can be downloaded from a link at the bottom of the page.

Be careful, the settings can be different in different versions of the display. I think the BMSB manual is most likely to be closest.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have put an oldish one in the resources section. I have a more recent one and the only important changes are the PAS systems and their settings.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

I have put an oldish one in the resources section. I have a more recent one and the only important changes are the PAS systems and their settings.
There can be loads of differences. Look at the Xiongda one. It looks identical, but it has level "L" after level 6 for manually shifting to low gear. The CPU is programmable, so they can put whatever parameters they want.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Amazing what's come on the scene whilst I have been away

XT90SAntiSparkConnector20.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-s-anti-spark-connector-2pairs-bag.html

I still jump sometimes when I plug in my battery :eek:

I guess it would mean changing all my connectors from deans plugs which I am not that fond of anyway. I guess the female (green plug) would go on the battery ?

Probably over kill for the 10-15amp I ever draw.

Jerry

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
slightly off topic

Jerry for the battery PSWPOWER does offer EU no Taxes battery and the price is good.

Do you know if they can guarantee there will no tax for us to pay?

Thanks
Pat

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Jerry for the battery PSWPOWER does offer EU no Taxes battery and the price is good.

Do you know if they can guarantee there will no tax for us to pay?

Thanks
Pat
No idea ?

I hadn't even noticed that!

I guess the only way that could happen is if they shipped it out of Europe ?

My tracking showed it came via Hong Kong.

D

Deleted member 4366

The order before last, BMSB said if I paid an extra $20, I'd get it tax free, so I paid and got it tax free.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
No idea ?

I hadn't even noticed that!

I guess the only way that could happen is if they shipped it out of Europe ?

My tracking showed it came via Hong Kong.
They said they would pay the tax on their side for us if I choose DHL.

I am quite tempted but not sure should I go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My two BMSB packages came from Belgium...

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Maybe send them to Belgium first and somehow pay less duty ?

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well BMSB took nearly a week to pick a stocked item, quality check and finally post!

Their email exchanges were friendly.

Should be here before the weekend. I took a chance and ordered my spokes in advance using the data from ED spoke calculator

https://leonard.io/edd/

Left/Riight Flange 108mm
Centre to left 33.5mm
Centre to right 13.5mm

I saw D8veh posted those measurements as well on ES. I already have a Mavic XM rim though I note the ED calculator has the wrong ERD for it. I double checked spoke lengths using the Wheelpro calculator my goto book for wheel building.

Being use to lacing front wheels radially, I almost went for one cross but in the end decided two cross given its a small hub and large rim. I am using 14g/2mm spokes. All my larger wheels with standard hubs I tend to lace three cross but the spoke angles would be wrong for that with this leccy hub.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Got a wayward bill of £31. Although I asked BMSB so deliver by cheaper Parcel Force appears they have sent it via DHL for the same cost.

If I recall overall bill including shipping was £103 so I guess that is their 20% + £11 admin.

Maybe like D8veh said its better to get BMSB to pay your import duty for you if it avoids the £11 admin fee.

Not sure why the controller was only £3.79 and why they didn't charge an admin fee ?

Reading up this may have been an underpayment of postage by the seller rather than import/duty.

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Motor turning up today. Going to be a busy weekend. Good job my wife is away visiting her twin :)