daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Nano Brompton

Are the Tongxin's used on the Nano Brompton 24V or 36v ?

I assume they also use the higher 260 RPM ones ?

Regards

Jerry

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hmmmm

I see on Frank's site he sells the 24v Tongxin for a 20" wheel.

Der Umbausatz

I am sure this has been discussed hundreds of times before but why is the 36v preferable does it draw less current ?

Also I note the Brompton Sparticle kit is a 24v affair as well.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I see on Frank's site he sells the 24v Tongxin for 20" wheel.

Der Umbausatz

I am sure this has been discussed hundreds of times before but why is the 36v preferable does it draw less current ?

You should contact Andrew Hamilton at Freedom E-Bikes, he will probably be able to source 36V 260rpm Tongxins for you.

Freedom E-Bikes - Home

(as far as I understand, higher battery voltage is better as it enables more power for a given current draw)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes thanks Dan, I been looking again at his site after we had that chat with him on here a while back.

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Barry from where ?

PS oh you mean the Electric Wheel Company sorry

Regards

Jerry

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
The entire quote is: "The motors have different diameters (Bafang: 125mm, Tongxin: 108mm - from spoke hole centers)"

As you can see, I am talking about the *diameter*, not the *width* ;)
Just measured my Dapush and its about 118mm (thats using a tape measure and 2 nitting needles!) ..
So the Dapush is bigger than the Tongxin and smaller than the Bafang. Does that sound right?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi Daniel,

I have been to my bank today to send off €230 to Frank, payment for a kit. Much to my annoyance they want to charge me £25 for the privilege. This is a bit of a rip-off.
I wondered if you had found a cheaper way to transfer money to Germany? Frank seems to think that you may have done.
I would appreciate you letting me know if you have. Thank you.
The cheapest way to transfer money into a foreign currency overseas is using Post Office International Payments. They don't charge any fee its a free service, but they do make a profit on the currency exchange of course as they buy at better rates than retail. I find though, it works out like paying about £6 per transfer...a lot cheaper than £25 :) Also they're super helpful and friendly, and will help you over the phone if you get stuck with complex payments to intermediary banks etc.