Do all older people get asked this?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I've often been asked, "What do you old folks do now that you're retired?" Well I'm fortunate, I tell them, in that I have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and brandy into urine.

Indalo

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
I've often been asked, "What do you old folks do now that you're retired?" Well I'm fortunate, I tell them, in that I have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and brandy into urine.

Indalo

"What do you old folks do now that you're retired?" ... I've never been so busy ... I don't know how I found time to do everything and go to work full time!:)

Waste of an engineering education, Indalo! I don't have a chemical engineering background ... but that hasn't stopped me from turning beer, wine, Scotch and brandy into urine ... in industrial quantities!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
... I don't know how I found time to do everything and go to work full time!
You had the time then because you didn't lose so much time wondering why you went into the room you find yourself in these days! :p

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
You had the time then because you didn't lose so much time wondering why you went into the room you find yourself in these days! :p
Good point! But it gets worse! We all go to the fridge ... open fridge door ... spend ten minutes wondering what we came for ... etc etc

However, this morning I noticed large piece of coal in fridge!

... and we don't even have open fires!:eek:

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Good point! But it gets worse! We all go to the fridge ... open fridge door ... spend ten minutes wondering what we came for ... etc etc

However, this morning I noticed large piece of coal in fridge!

... and we don't even have open fires!:eek:
Eureka! I was in the wrong house ... I live next door!!! :eek:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
This has completely cracked me up my misses is wondering what the hell is going on.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
This has completely cracked me up my misses is wondering what the hell is going on.
My wife is also wondering what .....

Hey, GaRRy ... what's your wife called?

This keyboard looks unfamiliar ... oh ** ... I'm in bl**dy Tamworth again! I must remember to turn left at Stafford ... move over GaRRy!

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Retired? Best job I've ever had! J & I have been retired for 20+ years and long for a day off! We run a charity in West Africa, do other voluntary work. J has secured 3 degrees (not improved her voice at all!) and I've published 4 book on Kindle which produce a small but steady income for the charity. We camp, mess about in boats and eat rather too much cake ... as a friend said 'the worst thing about getting older is that you forget how absent-minded you were when you were young!' What was I doing before I started this? Nurse! Tablets, please, now!

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Retired? Best job I've ever had! J & I have been retired for 20+ years and long for a day off! We run a charity in West Africa, do other voluntary work. J has secured 3 degrees (not improved her voice at all!) and I've published 4 book on Kindle which produce a small but steady income for the charity. We camp, mess about in boats and eat rather too much cake ... as a friend said 'the worst thing about getting older is that you forget how absent-minded you were when you were young!' What was I doing before I started this? Nurse! Tablets, please, now!
You need to get out more ...

Advertisers