do i need to fit a speed sensor to kt controller

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hello all I have yose/elife shop 350w rear hub, I have just received the kt 17amp 36/48 svp[rd sine wave controller (theres a huge amount of connecters compared to julet weatherproof 15 amp one)

I have a led890 handlebar unit which is julet connecter /but comes with a adapter lead to connect to non julet connecter on kt controller it will also enable me to use the lead for my lcd 3 .
I have a kt v12 pas which fits the 17 amp controller,

the spare thumb throttle I have is wired differantlly to the new controller, so I will not fit throttle or brake cut outs.

I notice in the diagram for controller connections a speed sensor is mentioned? looking at my 350w setup I assume the sensor must be internal as I cannot see anything resembling a sensor as fitted to my 2 cd drive bikes

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The white wire coming from the motor should be the speed sensor. Those controller also accept external speed sensors.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No need for ext spd sensor the Yose has internal sensor just connect up the square white hall connector, should have 6 thin wires as AK has mentioned white wire is the int hub spd wire.

For throttle you can tease out the pins with a very thin screw driver or a blunt pin to get wire sequence correct.

Other wiring bar obvious.
Brakes x 2 black connectors, red, black & yellow.
Big bunch with 3 M/F black connectors are EABS, Cruise and speed limit. Leave all disconnected, white one plugged in is speed limited to 25km/h unplugged up to 32km/h.
One bunch red, green, yellow & blue,yellow also blue,red are for the optional front light with incorporated horn that can be supplied.
Remaining 3 are throttle,pas and ext spd sensor.

Last edited: