Dogshit proof mudguards

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
In need of the above, for MTB. Can't be seatpost mount as it would interfere with trailer. Scruffy bastards. Basically I need full coverage to stop it slinging up

Reactions: LeighPing

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Wow, so many responses! I have a zefal no mud which is similar to the mudhugger but sadly it never saved my legs. It could have been the front tyre though, not sure. What I desperately need is the front though, those cheap cable tie guards do precisely nothing. The bike was disgusting, little flecks of **** all over the downtube

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Wow, so many responses! I have a zefal no mud which is similar to the mudhugger but sadly it never saved my legs. It could have been the front tyre though, not sure. What I desperately need is the front though, those cheap cable tie guards do precisely nothing. The bike was disgusting, little flecks of **** all over the downtube
There's an equally effective one on the front too. I added a splash guard under the battery as well. Just in case.. :)

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Have finally said enough is enough and put a full fender on the back. My fork doesn't have mounting points for a front one though, is there an "in the steerer" type with this kind of coverage?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Yes - mine has an expanding plug that fits up in the headstock.
That's the kind I mean yes, does it cover the back of the wheel properly as most don't. I have a zefal one that covers all this but doesn't stop the spray past the fork. Might just cover that part with one of those cable tie ones I suppose

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
It's not absolutely splatter proof due to the need to accomodate suspension forks but keeps me as the rider, importantly in the face, relatively clean - most splatter just gets on lower legs. (see my pic above to how far front guard extends) Anything that gets on the bike can be washed off the bike later / or clothing wise chucked in the washing machine.