Donald Trump's Behaviour

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In our stupendously long brexit thread, one non-European person keeps cropping up in various ways. Trump's odd behaviour seems to go beyond the more usual variations that we all exhibit. Which made me, and no doubt millions of others, start wondering why. The Guardian published a tangentially related story that suddenly made me sit up and put two and two together - though whether adding up to four or not is questionable.

Nonetheless, the concept that the POTUS is taking a medicine which can have serious mental and other side effects is itself concerning.

There are pharmaceutical solutions, too. Finasteride (often referred to by its brand name, Propecia) and Minoxidil (aka Regaine/Rogaine) are both available via online prescription in the UK. They stop hair falling out as opposed to making it grow back again, though some report more lustrous locks after three months or so. Donald Trump is the world’s most famous Propecia user. “Never go bald,” he once counselled. “The worst thing a man can do is go bald.”

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/sep/02/hair-today-gone-tomorrow

Recent reports show that, in patients treated with finasteride for male pattern hair loss, persistent side effects including sexual side effects, depression, anxiety and cognitive complaints may occur.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28408350

Users of finasteride, which prevents dihydrotestosterone production, report serious physical and emotional adverse effects, collectively known as post-finasteride syndrome. Psychiatric illnesses and personality traits, specifically neuroticism influence emotional well-being. Limited research exists exploring the psychological corollaries of post-finasteride syndrome and preexisting Axis I and Axis II mental health conditions. The aim of this study was to explore how having a preexisting personal and/or familial history of a psychiatric diagnosis and certain personality traits may influence anxiety and depression among finasteride users. Participants in this online survey completed the Beck Depression Inventory, the Beck Anxiety Inventory, and Ten-Item Personality Inventory. An important finding in this study was that almost 57% ( n = 97) of men reported a psychiatric diagnosis and 28% ( n = 27) had a first-degree relative with a mental health disorder, of this group 17 only had a family history. Nearly 50% of the men surveyed reported clinically significant depression as evidenced by Beck Depression Inventory score and 34% experienced anxiety on the Beck Anxiety Inventory.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26868914

The most frequent non-sexual symptoms were reduced feeling of life pleasure or emotions (anhedonia) (75.9%); lack of mental concentration (72.2%), and loss of muscle tone/mass (51.9%). We contributed to inform about symptoms of PFS patients; unexpectedly loss of penis sensitivity was more frequent than severe erectile dysfunction and loss of muscle tone/mass was affecting half of the subjects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26763726

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I am older than President Trump.
His list of medication is nothing compared to mine.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I am older than President Trump.
His list of medication is nothing compared to mine.
That might be true! But I don't think many people are aware of the impact of finasteride - whereas the impacts of many other medicines are widely known and understood. Hopefully, those impacts are more positive than negative for you, Mike.

Is finasteride one of the ones you take? (Or would you have to kill me if you answered?)

(So far, I have been lucky. Only one regular medicine. :))

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
"Never go bald,” he once counselled. “The worst thing a man can do is go bald.”
I'm bald. The difference between me and Trump is that I am not insecure about my physical appearance, I also have a very pale complexion and look, no orange make up either!

I don't eat junk food so I don't have a big flabby gut.

Another difference is that I have never had to pay a woman for sex and I don't go around grabbing them without their permission...

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I'm bald. The difference between me and Trump is that I am not insecure about my physical appearance, I also have a very pale complexion and look, no orange make up either!

I don't eat junk food so I don't have a big flabby gut.

Another difference is that I have never had to pay a woman for sex and I don't go around grabbing them without their permission...
You can also post without egregious typing errors.

You are civil even to those with whom you might disagree.

I'll stop there... :)

Advertisers