Thinking of upgrading to a dropper post on my Scott 720
Not sure how i would internally route the cable

Don't want to have to use cable ties over the frame
Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will have to drop the motor and thread it through the frame like that down the seat tube then up the triangle to the bars for the remote.

the stealth post are a bit more expensive mind.

Simon C

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2016
North West
you will have to drop the motor and thread it through the frame like that down the seat tube then up the triangle to the bars for the remote.

the stealth post are a bit more expensive mind.
Thanks thought as much might look at routing through where the back suspension cable goes. Don't really fancy dropping the engine out

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when you take off the plastic case it is just 3 bolts its a 5 min job tbh.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that is the one id get less hassle ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If your not too keen with poking the wires through take it to a bike shop.
I have just had a purion fitted at Ilkley Cycles.
£90 fitted while I wait with a free coffee thrown in.
Better than fannying about with wires.

Simon C

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2016
North West
If your not too keen with poking the wires through take it to a bike shop.
I have just had a purion fitted at Ilkley Cycles.
£90 fitted while I wait with a free coffee thrown in.
Better than fannying about with wires.
90 for the fitting or 90 for everything including the post ? sounds a great buy

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
90 for the fitting or 90 for everything including the post ? sounds a great buy
£90 supplied and fitted, all in... or might have been 95... Anyway. Yes they ordered it in and fitted in about 40 mins all for less than I could buy one myself. Unless you like fiddling about with it then pay someone to do it for you. It is often less expensive than you think. I don't think I got a special deal with this although I have spent big there in the past .
Also consider.. we tend to grumble about businesses being closed down, about things that can only be bought on line...
So support your local shops if you can. I don't mind spending a bit more to buy local and do so whenever I can.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i done it in less than 15 mins ;)

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
This looks interesting. The cable operation on my dropper post is the most irratating thing on my bike but having used it 12 times in a 2.5 mile section yesterday, I wouldn't be without it. Before owning a dropper £279 would have seemed ridiculous to me but its looking like a realistic option now.
I'm not into adding bling and needless additions onto any bike, and to this end, have made just minimal modifications to each of the two bikes.

If I could only keep one of those additions, then it would be the dropper post. Like you, I really wouldn't want to be without it.

Fitting an internally routed Stealth Reverb to both of the KTM's didn't present any problems, and was easy enough to do. Annoyingly one of them failed after only being used twice, but I did quite well out of that one, as I had bought a new old stock version cheaply, and the replacement that arrived was the latest version which would have cost twice the price.

• Informative
Reactions: chris130256

bobp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 16, 2017
Whitehaven Cumbria
Installed a RS stealth on my Haibike ran internally no probs.
Be sure to size correctly the, 100mm stealth is the only one that would fully insert on my frame. The others left the dropped seat too high for my short 30" inside leg.

NismO_UK

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2017
Basingstoke
Installed a RS stealth on my Haibike ran internally no probs.
Be sure to size correctly the, 100mm stealth is the only one that would fully insert on my frame. The others left the dropped seat too high for my short 30" inside leg.
Hi Bobp,

Could you share how you routed the cable for your stealth please?
I have a Haibike FullSeven and I can't figure out how to get the cable out of the bottom of the seat tube.

Thx

bobp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 16, 2017
Whitehaven Cumbria
Hi Bobp,

Could you share how you routed the cable for your stealth please?
I have a Haibike FullSeven and I can't figure out how to get the cable out of the bottom of the seat tube.

Thx
Hi NismO
I dropped the motor by removing three of the mounting bolts and swinging it down . There was enough room above the motor to route it down the seat tube and up the front tube emerging from the gear/brake outlet. Obviously I had to remove the actuator and bleed the system on reassembly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NismO_UK

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2017
Basingstoke
Hi NismO
I dropped the motor by removing three of the mounting bolts and swinging it down . There was enough room above the motor to route it down the seat tube and up the front tube emerging from the gear/brake outlet. Obviously I had to remove the actuator and bleed the system on reassembly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thx for the speedy reply!

Did you have a hole through from the bottom of the frame seat tube into the area where the motor is housed?

I've had a look and I cannot see one.

Related Articles

Advertisers