Dropper post

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
Hi STEVEMANFA

Having never used a dropper and not wanting to spend a lot of money on one if I wasn't getting use out of it, I went for a Brand X dropper.

Just fitted. Haven't used it in anger yet so cannot vouch for it in anyway. Did not like the activation leaver, very long throw and awkward to position. So I have stuck a KS Southpaw on it and it's much improved.

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
Looks like you have an overvolt like me. So semi stealth routing. Loosely loop your zip ties through the lugs on the frame and route the outer cable though to keep in place while you measure. The difficult bit was the last lug at the battery mount. Ended up taking the plastic mount off to route the cable properly. But just 2 screws so dead easy. Instructions that come with it are good. Just remember to measure twice, cut once. You'll need zip ties and cable cutters to do the job.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
Thanks for the info on the install, think I will order one up and give it a try.
And yes I have a lap overvolt and it's fab.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Personally i,d take the plunge steve...an get a magura vyron...no messy cables..works like it should...your only ever gonna buy one dropper post....

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi and thanks for the info on the seatpost, but it's a gift from my other half
The one you are on about looks fab but I'm sure if I put that on my list at £270ish I'd be put out in the shed to sleep.

So I have gone with the brand x for now.

• :D
Reactions: chris130256

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Had my brand x dropper post turn up yesterday, good price £111.00 from high on bikes with free 2 day delivery, I cant fit it till the weekend but hope to try it out on Sunday.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Just to report back, I put the brand x dropper post on yesterday was a easy job from start to finish about 20 mins, had my first ride out today Sunday 19 feb and went around the verderers trail in the FOD and it works a treat, up and down is nice and smooth and there is no play in it, so all in all one happy bunny.

Related Articles

Advertisers