E Bike 36v 9Ah by Green-Bike GB24 Electric Bicycle

torquayite

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 11, 2010
I have seen this on E=Bay and it sounds very tempting, with astonishing light weight although the frame is steel. Unfortunately, they are in Antwerp....long way to go if things go wrong.
Step through, so my wife should manage it, reasonable price, looks quite smart, and it is like a normal bike in length......I find the extra few inches caused by having a battery in front of the rear wheel a bit off-putting.
Anyone any experience of this bike ?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
240w brushless motor

36V 9Ah Lithium-ion battery

Front and back V brake

Folding pedals

Fully concealed battery

Net weight 22Kg

Charging time 3-5 Hours

40km Single Charge with only Throttle or up to 90km combined pedaling and throttle!

24" Tyres

Mud guard

Front Light

Kickstand

Optional basket

Simple Assembly Required

Comes with 2 pin EU plug

Will be sent with DPD couriers.

it's not a good bike. The 90km claim is also exagerated.

Last edited:

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
So that's 25 miles on throttle only, ie no pedalling!

Buy it and then sue them.

Looks awful to me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Cyber-_-man

Just Joined
Oct 28, 2013
I have seen this on E=Bay and it sounds very tempting, with astonishing light weight although the frame is steel. Unfortunately, they are in Antwerp....long way to go if things go wrong.
Step through, so my wife should manage it, reasonable price, looks quite smart, and it is like a normal bike in length......I find the extra few inches caused by having a battery in front of the rear wheel a bit off-putting.
Anyone any experience of this bike ?
For the same money have you looked at the powacycle range ( My wife has a step through and loves it) or a cyclamatic which is quicker but not as pretty? I have both and they do me well for what I paid. I figure a £499 bike that lasts three years is better than a 2k bike that lasts 5! Technology , battery life etc is all improving so I reckon going for the better built cheaper models makes it easier for you to upgrade. All in all your call but I have been very impressed with both the bikes mentioned for the money paid.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's so many bikes to choose from these days. That one would surely be OK at the right price. One redeeming feature not mentioned in the listing is that if you buy it, you'll won't ever have to worry about it getting nicked.