E bike dealer

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Tirst bit of decent weather, so we got out to buy a couple of ebikes, against my judgment but to keep the peace we went to local Nationwide e bike shop, advert lists big range of bikes, not to many in shop though, enquired over Wisper and Juicy bikes, they didn't seem interested, answer was no dont do them, which put me off straight away, they pointed out Freego bikes, but despite giving them approx £1500 budget for each bike we were pushed towards a Gepedia Reptila at almost £2000, I will admit it was a well made bike, and if my budget was this amount I would give it top marks. Needless to say they won't get our business. Went to Bicycle Chain, I wasn't expecting much, but chap listened to us, was extremely helpful, the're getting a Giant Easy + in from another branch for her to try, not my choice but we will see how she gets on with it, I have tactfully told her to spend a bit more for better spec. I'm thinking on Raleigh Captus, bit higher price than I wanted to pay, but good discount should we buy two bikes from them, haven't got a step through version in stock which is what I want, but can get one if I'm willing to wait. Top marks to Bicycle Chain.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If they don't stock them they don't stock them. Not sure what the issue was?
Hi Volusia,

The problem is that they are advertised on their web site and we direct people to them. If customers go to their shops to see our bikes they should not have their time wasted.

https://www.nationwideebikes.co.uk/collections/wisper-electric-bikes

I can only think that Wynne spoke to someone who normally makes the tea and doesn't know what they sell.

I have emailed their MD to find out whether they still sell Wisper, I must say we haven't heard from them for a while.

Well done to Bicycle Chain though, they seem on the ball. We will be calling them tomorrow!

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
First bit of decent weather, so we got out to buy a couple of ebikes, against my judgment but to keep the peace we went to local Nationwide e bike shop, advert lists big range of bikes, not to many in shop though, enquired over Wisper and Juicy bikes, they didn't seem interested, answer was no dont do them, which put me off straight away.
Sorry about that Wynne,

Thanks for considering a Wisper, I am sorry you were let down so badly.

If you are still interested, I will get a bike down to either Nationwide or alternatively someone else in the area, if as it seems they are no longer interested.

All the best, David

Reactions: mountainsport

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Sorry about that Wynne,

Thanks for considering a Wisper, I am sorry you were let down so badly.

If you are still interested, I will get a bike down to either Nationwide or alternatively someone else in the area, if as it seems they are no longer interested.

All the best, David
Thanks for the offer, I most definitely won't be going back to nationwide bikes. Chap we spoke to was definitely not a tea boy. There is a dealer in Honiton who stocks the Whisper model I'm interested in, may drive down to see him.

Reactions: mountainsport

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Just to add though if a dealer doesn't have what you want to to test ride then walk away

Thankfully Liam was aware of my coming and ensured the bike was in the shop ready granted he forgot to charge the battery but hey a small mishap

These bikes aren't cheap and aren't for everyone and different bikes ride different due on components etc bit like cars

Me I narrowed my search down to a a wisper and and a woosh bike and the test ride sealed the deal really plus Liam was a decent guy he liked his freego bike offered me a go but didn't force my purchase towards one

He professionally explained to the differences between the freego and the wisper I was riding
Even drawing to one of the freego shortcomings

I like that in a person no hidden agenda and would probably be just a chirpy if I didn't buy one

Only thing I wanted off the freego which sounds sad is the brake light

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Good choice it was the 705 torque I tested

They didn't have a 905 torque but bizarrely
I tested the 705 torque to get a feel for the motor and assistance setup then offered a go on the 905 se to get a feel for the frame

Hope you enjoy it and post back on here when you have been

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I own a 705SE....rode a 705torque at the bike show and really liked it...if you go the Wisper route you're getting a good bike with good backup. Highly recommended, but you do need to test it.

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Went out to Access Bikes in Honiton, couldn't be more helpful,, got good deal on Wisper 705 torque for me and Access Camargue ( new model ) for her. Plenty of choice in shop, no pressure. Being delivered to home ( Taunton) on Friday. Just wondering if I should upgrade the battery, or is standard good enough. No doubt be back on here asking questions on controls,etc.

Reactions: Crockers and flecc

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
If you go to Honiton, speak to Peter he is very knowledgable and a very nice guy. Say hello from me!

Have fun.

All the best, David
Visited Access Bikes in Honiton today, couldn't have been more helpful, ended up buying Wisper 750 t, for me, but she chose Access Camargue ,you can't win them all. Looking forward to bikes being delivered on Friday. . Thanks for help and advice.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Great news Wynne!

Thanks so much for investing in a Wisper.

Peter has just emailed me to say he had enjoyed helping you choose.

A quick note re Nationwide. I have today spoken to Jim Duncan the MD. He actually has a Wisper in the store and has just ordered another. He was understandable upset that you had not been looked after well and asked me to pass on his apologies.

Re the larger battery, it's always a wise investment. It will last almost twice as long as the smaller battery and will offer plenty of power for much further. In the long run the 575Wh battery will work out less expensive.

Be safe and above all, enjoy your bike!

All the best, David

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
I have wisper 806 torque purchasec last year from ebikes direct with help from David at amps.

This year, now that i am more confident in the bike and my own abilities i decided to buy a spare battery, so that i can go longer distances. I emailed ebikes direct asking them if they still do the smaller battery as i couldnt see it on their new website.

Matt flanagan emailed me within 10 minutes, telling me that they had the battery in stock. He sent me a paypal invoice which i completed and returned. On monday i emailed matt, and he told me i could expect the battery within 2 working days. True to his word, 2 days later (this morning) at 9.30, my new battery arrived well packed to ensure no damage. Within 3 hours the battery was charged and i was on my way to do 23 hilly miles.

Well done ebikes direct and Matt flanagan for all his help. Excellent service
@Amps Electric Bikes.

Reactions: flecc