E bike dealer

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Do we order spare batteries from amps ??

Sorry I'm confused or from elsewhere

No. I ordered mine from ebikes direct as stated, but amps are the main suppliers of wisper bikes and i memtioned my good experience to David so that he would be able to see that they are doing an excellent job of selling his bikes and accesories

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Just a quick question re me getting the upgraded.battery for my Wisper 305T. I understand it has a greater miles range, and probably will cost less in long run. I have read something about it having different software than the standard battery, something about sleep modes and getting software updates, This is a little confusing. I want to get it right, but don't want to chuck £200 extra for something I don't need. Have to think I need to get tow bar fitted to car yet and buy bike rack, That's best part of £800, so saving spending £200 would be a help. Need to sort battery decision ASAP before bike delivered tomorrow.

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Me personally would see how the current battery performs for you
Sleep mode as I understand is probably a easier way to store the battery over winter months

As to software updates I have no idea about those or how to do them if we do and not the dealer's

Ebikes Leicester didn't even have a laptop so don't know how they would perform. A software update

Maybe David could shed some light

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Guys,

Re Sleep or Hibernation Mode

If the 575Wh battery has not been used for 24 hours it automatically goes into Hibernation Mode. If the battery has been fully charged this means you can comfortably leave the battery for up to 8 months without recharging it. The factory I use to pack the batteries and fit the BMS have told me it's fine for 12 months but I am erring on the side of caution. As soon as you turn the battery back on it will automatically come out of Hibernation Mode.
We use the same factory as makes iPhone and iPad batteries. 33,000 a day I've been told! They are certainly not cheap but they make a mean battery. Our 375Wh battery does not have this facility.

Software Updates

These are available but we don't often offer them outside of our head office in Kent. This is something we are looking to offer on our 2018 crank drive, integrated down tube battery models. Dealers will be able to upgrade the system from City and Trekking (80Nm Performance) to eMTB (90Nm CX) modes in-store. We do occasionally update the software the best way to get your bike upgraded would be to send us your controller. We would return it with the new software installed. We would have to make a charge for this at the moment.

I was in Kunshan last week trialing the new Wisper crank motor. We are introducing the models due to market forces..... For what it's worth, even with the latest and best CM out there, I would still go for a Wisper Torque hub drive. It's quieter, more responsive and just as powerful and the bike looks so much better without that huge lump around the BB!

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Hi Guys,

Re Sleep or Hibernation Mode

If the 575Wh battery has not been used for 24 hours it automatically goes into Hibernation Mode. If the battery has been fully charged this means you can comfortably leave the battery for up to 8 months without recharging it. The factory I use to pack the batteries and fit the BMS have told me it's fine for 12 months but I am erring on the side of caution. As soon as you turn the battery back on it will automatically come out of Hibernation Mode.
We use the same factory as makes iPhone and iPad batteries. 33,000 a day I've been told! They are certainly not cheap but they make a mean battery. Our 375Wh battery does not have this facility.

Software Updates

These are available but we don't often offer them outside of our head office in Kent. This is something we are looking to offer on our 2018 crank drive, integrated down tube battery models. Dealers will be able to upgrade the system from City and Trekking (80Nm Performance) to eMTB (90Nm CX) modes in-store. We do occasionally update the software the best way to get your bike upgraded would be to send us your controller. We would return it with the new software installed. We would have to make a charge for this at the moment.

I was in Kunshan last week trailing the new Wisper crank motor. We are introducing the models due to market forces..... For what it's worth, even with the latest and best CM out there, I would still go for a Wisper Torque hub drive. It's quieter, more responsive and just as powerful and the bike looks so much better without that huge lump around the BB.

All the best, David
Thanks for explaining it, in view of the sleep mode you mention and that it' could be possible we may not use the bikes for maybe a couple of months in winter, I think to be safe I'll get Access Bikes of Honiton to fit the bigger battery to my new 705t

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Bikes deliverd yesterday, quick try out last night confirmed i have made right choice with the Wisper 705t, on the other hand my other half has had doubts on her choice, and afer a ride on the Wisper she just been on the phone to Honiton Electric Bikes and they are going to change it for a Wisper 705t. I cannot praise this shop enough, ever so helpful, and no problem to collect bke next week to exchange.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Bikes deliverd yesterday, quick try out last night confirmed i have made right choice with the Wisper 705t, on the other hand my other half has had doubts on her choice, and afer a ride on the Wisper she just been on the phone to Honiton Electric Bikes and they are going to change it for a Wisper 705t. I cannot praise this shop enough, ever so helpful, and no problem to collect bke next week to exchange.
Great news Wynne!

Peter at Honiton is a great chap and will always help you out. Enjoy your Wisper's, be safe!

A photo would be great!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Shame on you, David. I give you a detention for that. Write out 100 times: "Enjoy your Wispers. Be safe!"

Footnote: The Grammar Police need your help. Please report any crimes on the 24 hour hotline 0800 555 111.
Oops!

Thanks Dave. Can't even edit it!

All the best, David

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Good choice on the wisper
Not sure on the battery question

I have the 905 so if you need any help give me a shout
Just a quick question re control panel on the Wisper t. I have only just noticed the mileage readings seem odd. I did about 8 miles today, but it's reading more or less three times that,it's definitely showing miles and not km. in fact since I've had the bike ( less than a week ) it's showing 62 miles, I've done nowhere near that, wasn't used for a couple of wet days. It changes numbers quite quickly, have you had an issue like this on your Wisper t. There is a manual for control panel but it's quite fiddly to mess about with settings. I was trying to avoid taking it back to dealer. Other than that the bike is great.

Last edited:

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
Just a quick question re control panel on the Wisper t. I have only just noticed the mileage readings seem odd. I did about 8 miles today, but it's reading more or less three times that,it's definitely showing miles and not km. in fact since I've had the bike ( less than a week ) it's showing 62 miles, I've done nowhere near that, wasn't used for a couple of wet days. It changes numbers quite quickly, have you had an issue like this on your Wisper t. There is a manual for control panel but it's quite fiddly to mess about with settings. I was trying to avoid taking it back to dealer. Other than that the bike is great.
I wonder if the wheel size is incorrect in the control panel.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Sounds strange Wynne,

Please give me a call today and I will sort it out for you.

All the best, David
Thanks for that, we are away for a few days from today, I did look at the LCD manual online, I think I understood it till setting wheel size and it lost me then with hall settings etc. We have ordered another Wisper 705 t for my other half. It's from Peter in Honiton, he was ordering it this week,so hopefully it will be delivered, I'll mention the problem to him,maybe he can sort it out when he delivers the bike. Failing that I'll get back to you. Oh and the bike is great, getting more used to gears and settings now. Thanks for offer.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That's cool Wynne, your Wife's bike went to Peter yesterday, it's down there somewhere! We had a good day for the last day of the month, another few hundred Wispers on the road this May.

I imagine the wheel size on the LCD has been set incorrectly, but if there is an issue we will send you a replacement.

All the best, David

IMG_4277.JPG

Reactions: VictoryV